Forums Latest Members
  1. laughing_cavlier Mar 5, 2016

This is a sort of WDYBT thread, but as the original purchase was back in Feb 2015 and it includes another watch and lots of me playing around with a new macro lens, I thought I would start a new thread.
    crown dial.jpg

Back in Feb 2015 I was perusing kickstarter and came across a new watch project, the LeBois & Co Aventgarde date, launched by Tom & Eveline. Was it fate? I don't know, but after some thought I signed up. You can see the original campaign here. https://www.kickstarter.com/project...atch-the-rebirth-of-an-80-year-ol/description

dial fade.jpg

Powered by an ETA 2824-2 it was it's style which won me over and especially as I am a sucker for a red sweep seconds hand (as my Grandfather's 1940s Arlea has one too). While it was not a cheap thing to sign up to, I like supporting new artistic projects and also really love people who are passionate about what they do and Tom and Eveline certainly are that.

top down.jpg

The finished watch which finally arrived last week after some delay (it was originally supposed to arrive in September last year) is a tour de force of well finished attention to detail. The dial really pings with the raised markers and the reeded railtrack. I'm not totally convinced by the Baton hands yet, but I think they will probably grow on me :).

crown.jpg

The other nice thing about signing up to a project like this was I got to choose the limited edition number on the back. I chose 41, which is special to me (no, not my age!:cautious:).

back.jpg

After I had signed up for this project, I put in an e-bay search and a few months later, a 1938 LeBois & co Chronograph popped up, terrible pictures, but I had to have it! It turned out to be a peach. It is one of my favourite watches and is in almost pristine condition. Its wonderful period dial is to die for.

1938.jpg

Two watches from the same brand 78 years apart are now reunited and as ever, I learnt plenty of new stuff along the way!

two watches.jpg

While my first love in watches will be vintage, there are some new watches that I really like too, this is one of them.

long shot.jpg
  2. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Mar 5, 2016

Great photos of a really nice watch.

laughing_cavlier likes this.
  3. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Mar 5, 2016

Really attractive dial on the new one! Love the space between the hour indexes and the outer minute track...

laughing_cavlier likes this.