Forums Latest Members
  1. Headcfcdoorman Apr 15, 2018

Good afternoon experts, could anyone advise me of a supplier who could make suitable leather straps for this kind of omega case ?.

15238106432851028859608.jpg 1523810675742823447380.jpg
  2. AnotherDon Apr 15, 2018

3. warrydog Apr 15, 2018

This might be the opportunity you've been looking for to try your hand at leathercraft?
    Best wishes in your search..

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 15, 2018

If you're at all handy its not that difficult to take a regular strap and cut it to fit, or have a shoemaker do it.

warrydog likes this.
  5. CHenry Apr 15, 2018

Do you have spring bars to fit the watch, or are there pins? Knowing how far back from the case edge the drilling for the pin is would be helpful to know if you think you might do a little surgery to an existing replacement strap. Measuring the lug width and deciding on the total width of the strap at the lug end would be good.

The vintage style straps with the short hand-lacing on the sides near the lugs might be a start, if you like that style, and they aren't too expensive. You could trim one of those to fit. The strap maker (in Vietnam or Taiwan, I forget) who sells on eBay under the "Cheergiant" brand does custom work in many leathers, including a nice rendition of the Casa Fagliano straps in shell cordovan. A photo with some measurements could get you an estimate. His work looks good (I have one on order for myself for a JLC Reverso.) Of course ABP and Camille Fournet could make you an exquisite strap (as could others) but the cost is more significant.

6. CHenry Apr 15, 2018

Is there no seconds hand on your watch? And maybe I am seeing just a reflection, but it looks as if the metal ring that fits inside the Hesalite crystal inside the crystal base is split and out of place.

That case looks as if it were built for a metal--stainless-- link bracelet. The lug width is short, looks like only about 12mm. The watch was probably meant to have a wider bracelet, probably at least 20mm, if my own Omegas from about that period are any guide, so 4mm either side of the inset between the lugs.

Foo2rama likes this.
  7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 15, 2018

This case was designed for use with an integrated bracelet which is the best option for it.

A leather strap on a normal 18mm spring bar has its load distributed along the bar.

If you make a leather strap for this watch, the load will be distributed (concentrated) into a small ~10mm section leading to increased stress and wear, and therefore the risk of the strap breaking and dropping/losing your watch.

I would not recommend a strap, try to find a metal bracelet.