Forums Latest Members

Learner, buying advice on 1969 Omega Seamaster Chronometer

1. NickBNZ May 6, 2021

2. Wlcutter May 6, 2021

Ooof--significantly overpriced, but nothing's wrong with it. I haven't seen any bronze dials, but these sparkles all photograph differently depending on light. To my knowledge there are two dials--flat ones, like the watch pictures, and pie pans, like this onePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network, which is much less expensive (and needs a new crystal; the one on there was meant for a gold plated version, hence the gold rehaut around the dial). They're fantastic watches.

NickBNZ likes this.
  3. NickBNZ May 6, 2021

Yeah, overpriced, but very pretty ;)
    Lucky I'm not in Switzerland any time soon. I'll look for another example.

4. mac_omega May 6, 2021

would not buy it at half of his asking... watch looks nice though

to have to figure in customs/import taxes when buying from outside Switzerland

Noddyman, NickBNZ and ChrisN like this.
  5. ChrisN May 6, 2021

£2750...

An unbelievable price for a stainless steel watch like this. The world has gone mad! As @mac_omega says, even at half this price, you would be looking elsewhere.

Cheers, Chris

6. JulianK May 7, 2021

If you are seriously interested in the 168.023, might I suggest the 166.032? Unless the chronometer movement is particularly important to you, it has the same sparkle dial and case and commands less usually. You can check on eBay "sold" listings to see what a fair price might be. Case condition makes a big difference with these. Love to see some radial brushing around the bezel.

NickBNZ likes this.
  7. NickBNZ May 7, 2021

8. JulianK May 7, 2021

Dial condition is important on this as well as you want that nice sparkle dial. Also you can use the search parameters "Omega 751/752" to help you find them on eBay. Keep hunting!

Edit: Dial may be original, was thrown off my the crooked looking "automatic" text but it may have just been the photo.

NickBNZ likes this.
  9. jeppe888 May 7, 2021

it look like a really nice watch but way to overpriced as everyone else also states

NickBNZ likes this.