Forums Latest Members
  1. Carlton-Browne Sep 19, 2020

I promised to do a little thread on this one as it prompted a couple of comments on a recent Friday thread. I've had it a few years, bought it as a non-runner and got it fixed up by Rob Horan. It was the first time I broke a personal rule of only buying Ebay basket cases with perfect dials and it's both the case and the dial which mark this one out. I can live with the missing n and, if a loose dial of the exact same pattern came up on Ebay, I'm reasonably confident that I have enough searches to uncover it.
    [​IMG]

Calibre 255
    Serial dates it to 1938 (I think)
    32mm with 18mm lugs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was taken aback a little while ago when one with the same case went for a silly amount of money on Ebay (I'm still more inclined to think it was shilling).

https://omegaforums.net/posts/1474770/

Now, can anybody answer Larry S's question - is it a Jeanneret case? I think we can only be certain with gold watches as they have the poinçon de maître thing going on. The only significant thing on the case I can see is that the last 3 numbers of the serial are stamped but I've no reason to believe that's specific to any casemaker.

[​IMG]

2. Diabolik Sep 20, 2020

That's a real rare bird and a beauty !

3. bgrisso Sep 20, 2020

very cool, love this watch !

4. valjoux72 Sep 21, 2020

Saw this beauty in real and it is one of the best UG watches I know. Case and dial are fantastic!!

Aedaxoo likes this.
  5. Aedaxoo Sep 21, 2020

oh my god this is beautiful

why129 likes this.
  6. ma_kilian Sep 23, 2020

Such a wonderful watch! congrats:thumbsup:

7. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 23, 2020

Why we are addicted to this manufacturer. They killed it with design.

Benbradstock likes this.
  8. chicagowatch Sep 23, 2020

Wow, the case is satisfying and pairs nicely with the dial. Thanks for all the pics. Love it.