Forums Latest Members
  1. thxave Jan 15, 2014

My wife just received her 1969/70 Omega 60M back from a full service. Thought I would post some pics.
    The movement needed a full service so I figured it was a good time to redo everything. It was originally a black bezel - black dial watch.

The dial was showing it's age. A bit faded but mostly cracking that was only going to get worse with every day use.
    I managed to find new very old stock case, crown and dial in burgundy red. I figured it would be best to use these rather than ruin the

original case and dial and keep them original for any collector in the future should she every want to part with the watch.
    The new mesh bracelet I ordered unfortunately showed up in 12mm. The 13mm replacement is on the way.
    The last pic is before it went in, Black on black. I prefer the black but I could not find a new OEM black dial.

sm60a.jpg
    sm60b.jpg
    sm60c.jpg
    sm60d.jpg
    sm60e.jpg

2. Wheels Jan 15, 2014

That came up lovely. I did like the patina on the original too but I can understand why you felt the need to change it, especially if its her daily wearer.

3. thxave Jan 15, 2014

Yeah, I liked the vintage look in black. However, it was put it away or fix it and wear it.
    It's funny, but with the naked eye the original dial did not look that bad. Some angles in
    the case you could not see the cracking.
    Flash and blown up it shows the problem.
    sm60f.jpg

The movement was in great shape. This was before getting serviced.
    DSCF0163.jpg

4. Wheels Jan 15, 2014

Now I can see why. That cracking is quite pronounced. Not to worry, the final product came up a treat.