Ladies Geneve - opinions please

Dear all- happy Friday! I wonder if I could ask for your opinions please. I’ve seen this and I’m very tempted to buy it for my wife. It appears to be a cal 635, but I am not sure why there’s no text on the movement (number of jewels etc). It all looks good apart from that. I do t even mind if it’s on the blink as I can have it repaired. Anyway- your thoughts most appreciated! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16692052...C8IYjNKTOS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Edited:

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
First of all. Do you think your wife will like it? Majority want something jewellery looking or just gold or gold filled

Second. No the most popular case design

Last. If you add in the cost of servicing. Probably going to add an extra £150 - £200 to the price

Maybe ask her first before you spend the money. Nothing worse than buying and she doesn’t wear it

First of all. Do you think your wife will like it? Majority want something jewellery looking or just gold or gold filled

Second. No the most popular case design

Last. If you add in the cost of servicing. Probably going to add an extra £150 - £200 to the price

Maybe ask her first before you spend the money. Nothing worse than buying and she doesn’t wear it
Thanks for the reply- my wife is not a fan of gold at all, and likes plain and simple. I suppose that’s why she married me. So yes, confident she’d like it. Servicing- yeah, I expect that’s probably fair, but to know it’s right and will run for the occasion she wears it is worth it. It wouldn’t be a daily, just something to wear to match an outfit I expect. Do you think you could age this one? I’m assuming seventies but perhaps eighties.

Decent enough condition, as mentioned not a popular design so don’t overpay, 250 quid is probably already about the most I’d pay and it will need a service but its a simple watch that shouldn’t be hard to maintain either.

Decent enough condition, as mentioned not a popular design so don’t overpay, 250 quid is probably already about the most I’d pay and it will need a service but its a simple watch that shouldn’t be hard to maintain either.
Understood, thank you. Popular design doesn’t matter to us; simple, clean and elegant is what matters. Bling really isn’t our thing.

I’m a woman and I find it good looking. I like the streamlined design.
Agree with @DON it’s best to be sure whether she likes it. One major question is size. Those vintage ladies watches appear very tiny on the wrist compared to what we’re used to nowadays. If however she wears dainty stuff or is indifferent to watch sizes she might not be bothered.
Best to check with her.

I’m a woman and I find it good looking. I like the streamlined design.
Agree with @DON it’s best to be sure whether she likes it. One major question is size. Those vintage ladies watches appear very tiny on the wrist compared to what we’re used to nowadays. If however she wears dainty stuff or is indifferent to watch sizes she might not be bothered.
Best to check with her.
Thank you- appreciated. Neither of us like modern sized watches to be honest, I have a TAG Heuer Monaco that I adore, but…it’s massive. And I’ve got reasonably sized wrists. Just isn’t our scene. Tend not to wear it for that reason.

I’m confident she’d love the simple design and whilst it was intended as a bit of a surprise, for no particular occasion other than “love you!”, I take the point I ought to ask.

Thanks again for the advice- most appreciated!