Forums Latest Members
  1. mbfranck Dec 23, 2018

I'm new to the forum and am looking for some advice regarding my mother's 18K Constellation. It was purchased by my father in 1967 or 1968 in London. The watch runs, but is very slow (losing about a minute an hour) so it needs a full service. I'd like to sell it on eBay, but I'm wondering if I should send it to Omega for a full service or let the buyer handle that. I also don't know how much it's worth. I don't have the box or papers, but it certainly is authentic. Thoughts/advice appreciated.

IMG_3840.jpg IMG_3841.jpg IMG_3842.jpg
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 23, 2018

Don’t bother having it serviced, it will not add the cost back to the value. Take it to a watchmaker have them open the case and take some large clear photos of the movement and the inside of the case back. List it on eBay for $1.00 and let the auction run until the end.

connieseamaster and Syrte like this.
  3. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 23, 2018

Bit of a pity to sell it. Are you sure no one in your family would like it as an heirloom? Not sure you will get so much out of it... there aren’t so many people buying small ladies watches.

connieseamaster likes this.
  4. KingCrouchy Dec 23, 2018

I think it would be nicer to keep the watch in your family, women watches tend to sell not for a lot so I don't think it's worth the little Money you get. You would probably only get it's weight in gold, and the watch would be taken in pieces.
    Service it by an independant Watchmaker and let your wife or daughter wear it, and keep it as a family heirloom.

5. mbfranck Dec 23, 2018

Thanks. Any idea of what it might sell for?

6. mbfranck Dec 23, 2018

Thanks. I've been holding on to it for a year and have thought about keeping it, but neither my wife or daughter will wear it (it's too small for them and they have other newer nice watches)...so, I thought I might sell it so that someone can enjoy it. But, I'm on the fence.

7. Lbreak Dec 23, 2018

I've seen vintage lady's watch selling at around 200-400 USD for gold filled cases, a solid gold watch would probably double that, but I don't really think they could go over 1k USD. Just my 2 cents.

8. mbfranck Dec 23, 2018

Thanks. This one has a solid 18K case and is quite heavy since the mesh band is also solid 18K. This is helpful since, for a price that low, I won't bother to sell it.

9. Lbreak Dec 23, 2018

Oh yes, the bracelet, I forgot to count that in. Even then, it would probably hit maximum 2k? Perhaps other members would have a better idea

10. connieseamaster Dec 24, 2018

There are a couple of solid gold ladies Connies listed around $3k right now on eBay and C24, time will tell whether they sell at that price. If you put it up for open auction, the buyer is most likely going to be going for the gold content.

I'm also of the opinion that it would be a shame to sell, no one else in your family is interested in it? Even if you switch out the bracelet (which I'm not certain really works with the watch) for a leather band?

Syrte likes this.
  11. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 24, 2018

Fashions come and go, Dior and Hermes have made super tiny watches for ladies in the past 4 years— and this one is a super nice movement and good quality.
    What are the « newer nice watches »??
    2k is a not insignificant amount but I agree with @connieseamaster - if the bracelet is not branded Omega you could sell it for gold and keep the watch?
    Could you post a better picture of the dial?
    You shd take a mug and rest your phone on top of it to steady it while you focus so the image is crisp.

connieseamaster likes this.
  12. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 24, 2018

Come to think of it I find the bracelet goes very well with the watch. Personal opinion.
    If it's signed Omega you should not separate it from the watch.
    And if the dial is original the whole thing could be desirable for a shop such as Antoine de Macedo Dames.
    But again a pity.