LA Rolex Service Recommendations?

Posts
1,050
Likes
2,617
I know next to nothing about Rolex, but an LA based friend would like to get her father’s Datejust serviced for him as a birthday present. I believe this was originally her grandfather’s watch and was passed down to her father but has not run for many years.

I’ve seen LA Watch Works mentioned before and would appreciate any guidance members are able to offer regarding their work or other LA area recommendations for Rolex servicing. I’m in Virginia so am not able to help our friend in person. She’s one my wife’s closest friends, and I would like to be able to help her get this family watch running again. Here are some pics, and thanks in advance for any assistance. Thanks as well to anyone who has taken the time to read this far!

 
Posts
1,990
Likes
9,505
LA Watchworks= Recommended .
Agreed
Not cheap, maybe the most expensive service available, but very good and vintage-friendly.
 
Posts
24,799
Likes
55,081
LAWW is recommended in Southern California, they can service and do various types of restoration. They are in Pasadena, IIRC. If he wants to ship it, there are other possibilities.
 
Posts
1,428
Likes
2,957
I've had a few watches serviced at LA Watchworks ( vintage Rolex and Omega ) and although more expensive then others, it is definitely worth spending the extra funds.
 
Posts
963
Likes
3,970
I've had Feldmar (Pico & Doheny) service a few vintage Omegas and Wittnauers. I have been happy with the results.
 
Posts
1,426
Likes
3,621
I’ve used LAWW before and can’t fault their abilities, but my impression was that unless you’re a regular you’re waiting a long time for the turnaround.
 
Posts
1,050
Likes
2,617
Thanks everyone, appreciate the input.

@Watch my Whisky what kind of timeline do you think I should tell my friend to expect? Most of the watchmakers in my area take 8 - 12 weeks. Do you think it would be significantly more than that?
 
Posts
24,799
Likes
55,081
Thanks everyone, appreciate the input.

@Watch my Whisky what kind of timeline do you think I should tell my friend to expect? Most of the watchmakers in my area take 8 - 12 weeks. Do you think it would be significantly more than that?

I think his best bet would just be to call Edvi and ask. It will depend on their current backlog. These days, one has to be patient with watch repair, and even if it took 4-6 months, I wouldn't let that bother me.