Forums Latest Members

La Generale Louis Brandt silver pocket watch

1. Gardenlotos Nov 9, 2017

Hello Dear Friends! Help, please, to recognize this watch - when it is made, what price it is for now - did not find on the Internet even approximate photos. Thank you.
    P.S. Sorry for my English)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    upload photo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Larry S likes this.
  2. Canuck Nov 9, 2017

Can’t read the very cursive lettering on the dial because your picture is not well focused. I can read La Generale, and Brandt. But I unable to read the rest of the lettering. Please get back .

3. Gardenlotos Nov 9, 2017

La Generale
    Successeur de Luis Brandt.

4. SeanO Nov 13, 2017

if the case is in precious metal then a clear photo of the hallmarks on the case will identify the approximate period when the movement was cased in the watch.

and any identifying marks on the movement (caliber etc) will also refine the date window for the watch.

5. Canuck Nov 13, 2017

I am a bit puzzled by the use of the word “Successors” to Luis Brandt. Where on the watch does the name Luis appear? Louis Brandt founded the firm that became Omega. After his death, his sons ran the business, renaming Louis Brandt & fils, Omega, early in the 20th Century. The sons and Omega were the successors to Louis Brandt and fils. Mikrolisk does show that there is a connection to Louis Brandt.

http://www.mikrolisk.de/show.php?site=280#sucheMarker

6. Gardenlotos Nov 13, 2017

I think that kind of "L`s" is Louis.

I found here http://forum.horlogerie-suisse.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23733&start=15 one picture with bear - so this is silver i gues.

SeanO, i don`t understand some words you say - i use g-translate to understand what going on here). What pictures you need to see? What is caliber - size?

Canuck where is connection exactly on that page?
    The photo I downloaded in the first message is clickable and available in the high res.
    Thank you, fellows.
    poincon_suisse.jpg 23.jpg

! 12.jpg
    !23.jpg

Edited Nov 13, 2017
  7. Gardenlotos Nov 13, 2017

There is an opinion that this is the work of Louis Brandt himself or of one of his sons, before the creation of Omega.
    And here i found similar watch with serial № 2377994

Edited Nov 13, 2017
  8. Canuck Nov 14, 2017

Here is the pertinent entry showing the connection between La Generale and Louis Brandt. I don’t know if this answers any questions for you. This is from the Mikrolisk archive.

BD0EB911-0BD8-4504-B3F5-32DAD64CAF9C.jpeg

9. Gardenlotos Nov 14, 2017

Canuck, Thank you friend.

Fellows, can anybody say how much this watch may cost or for what price i can sell it to collectors or on an auction?
    Thank you.

10. Canuck Nov 14, 2017

A 15 jewel, unadjusted, plain Jane Swiss movement in a silver case that has seen better days. How badly do you need money? Since you don’t have the privilege of selling on this forum, I suggest that you might wait for a PM from someone on the MB who might make you an offer. Or, as has often been suggested, put it on eBay for $1.00 with no reserve, and you might get an idea of what the market place thinks it is worth.

11. huja Jan 3, 2018

I was given this watch by my mother-in-law. In fact, the serial number is within a couple of hundred the one posted by Gardenlotos. Have you found out anything else about the watch @Gardenlotos? I'm very curious about it's history.

12. Gardenlotos Jan 4, 2018

In Russia forum one man give some answer - you can use google-translate http://forum.watch.ru/showthread.php?t=421522

huja likes this.