King Faisel dials.

Posts
754
Likes
1,812
I was visiting my local watch repairer earlier when a gent came into the shop with a watch that he said was his prized possession. He then produced a solid gold UG on a solid gold bracelet. On the dial there was an emblem of two scimitar swords. A little research has shown that this was a King Faisel dial but I can't find much about the history of these watches. Does anyone know anything about them?
 
Posts
6,821
Likes
10,639
Made in a limited batch for the Saudi governement I think
 
Posts
7,774
Likes
14,366
Patek Philippe also made enamel dials in this era for Faisel.
 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
More common with Rolex, but various royal houses of Arab countries often had custom dials made and gave them out as gifts. Some people collect them, but others don't want them, so they don't add much value in my experience.
 
Posts
35,639
Likes
39,894
I think the ones with the rulers face on them are a bit… undignified and I wouldn’t wear one myself. The Omani coat of arms and things like that are a different thing entirely and I quite like things like that as customizations. A dead dude’s face is just a bit much.

It really blows my mind how many fake dials there are with Saddam’s face on them, I don’t know who is making them and I’m puzzled as to who is buying them but they seem to sell…

Probably someone in his mother’s basement who has a manifesto about why he can’t get a girlfriend or something.
 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
I think the ones with the rulers face on them are a bit… undignified and I wouldn’t wear one myself. The Omani coat of arms and things like that are a different thing entirely and I quite like things like that as customizations. A dead dude’s face is just a bit much.

It really blows my mind how many fake dials there are with Saddam’s face on them, I don’t know who is making them and I’m puzzled as to who is buying them but they seem to sell…

Probably someone in his mother’s basement who has a manifesto about why he can’t get a girlfriend or something.

Perhaps a topic for a different thread, but after being undesirable for years, the custom Dominos Pizza Rolex dials are now selling at a premium. Amazing what the "influencers" can accomplish when they put their minds to it.
 
Posts
16,899
Likes
48,104
Probably someone in his mother’s basement who has a manifesto about why he can’t get a girlfriend or something.

That’s a story I want to read some day in Stories 😉
 
Posts
35,639
Likes
39,894
That’s a story I want to read some day in Stories 😉
Tomorrow is a story about a bloke like that lol
 
Posts
2,990
Likes
4,747
Do not give me ideas, I have enough rabbit warrens to traverse ...
-j