Forums Latest Members

Kickass Steinhart watches with a vintage twist!

1. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 13, 2016

Hi everyone

I hope the title of the post got your attention .

I happen to be a fan of Steinharts watches , I own a few all with a vintage flavor .....

I was traveling and came across a write up on the Steinhart Dual Time , it's a GMT homage sort of .... They did a really cool grey radial gradient dial kind of like a aged ROLEX GMT PAN AM ... Slightly larger case at about 42 mm , like a GMT II with adjustable red Gmt small arrow hand and a 24 hour bezel !

I just think it's a great watch that was reasonably price and I can wear it in dangerous enviromoments ....

Here are two quick wrist shots !

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Any other fans ?

Good Hunting

Bill

Bulldozer, Gavin, alam and 2 others like this.
  2. wsfarrell Apr 14, 2016

I've owned a couple and I think he builds a really nice watch for the money. What bugs me is the extent to which he goes to mimic vintage watches. The One Vintage Military 1.0 was a gorgeous watch with a beautiful black dial. He discontinued it and came out with 2.0 with a gray dial---to better mimic fading, I guess.

LouS likes this.
  3. dx009 Apr 14, 2016

I dig it, but the date window should have been larger :/ or maybe a cyclops

4. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 14, 2016

Omit also reminds me of a sea dweller.

5. Badwolf Apr 14, 2016

Like it, but not sure it needs to say vintage on the dial

Tony C. likes this.
  6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 14, 2016

I like the watch, but do have a bit of a problem with it being a knock-off. I think Steinhart should stick with more original designs.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 14, 2016

As long as it's not claiming to be a Rolex by having Rolex on the dial, I'm fine with them borrowing designs as virtually every maker does. Having serviced a few they make a decent watch for a good price. They stand behind them fairly well also - some of the work I've done on these has been to solve small issues with new watches, and the company agreed to have me do the work, the watch owner paid me, and then the company reimbursed them. It saved the customer to costs of shipping them back to the company, and not many watch companies would agree to this sort of thing.

Nice one Bill.

Cheers, Al

uvalaw2005 likes this.
  8. jens0125 knows that watches were made to be worn Apr 14, 2016

i have had a few steinharts through my collection over last couple years and always has been happy

9. abrod520 Apr 14, 2016

I'm inclined to agree on the pro-Steinhart side; I kind of see them as making dive watches with the kind of vintage aesthetics collectors of a certain crowned brand want, but that brand refuses to produce.... :whistling:

Besides, look at any 1980s TAG diver, or any number of other divers that were clearly "inspired by" the Submariner. Sure, the Steinharts are a lot closer to the original, but they still say "Steinhart" on the dial and regardless of the crown-motif atop the logo, nobody's going to confuse this with a Rolex up close.

I'd like to disclaim, however, that I've never handled one in person so I'm just speaking from the photos I've seen on the internet.

10. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 17, 2016

Hi Al

I see them as a different option the a higher grade Seiko ( which I also have a few ) .
    Been wearing the dual time when traveling to crazy areas , like demo sites where who knows what can happen.

Best
    Bill

11. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 17, 2016

Hi

I can say I am happy with the fit and finish of the ones I have in hand. 42 mm cas 22 mm lugs width...... Modern size with vintage style.

Good hunting

Bill