Forums Latest Members

Just wanted to say "thank you OF!"

1. MTROIS Jul 2, 2020

Reading the thread concerning the latest version of the WUS forum just reminded me just how much I have been enjoying OmegaForums!!

I can not thank @dsio and @cicindela , amongst others, for this amazing place they have created for us, enthusiasts. Kudos to all the moderators as well.

At the same, we should not take this platform and its quality for granted (I certainly do not), so I wanted to publicly ask whether there was any contribution that we, members, could volunteer to thank the OF and to ensure it is everlasting (eg, fund raising similar to Wikipedia).

Thoughts?

2. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jul 2, 2020

I think @Trev might have had something to do with creating this forum, and deserves all our thanks. ;)

Edited Jul 2, 2020
  3. Syzygy Jul 2, 2020

I concur! Being in the data center industry, I know all too well the costs associated with running servers, storage arrays, network switches, firewalls, and telecom circuits. I've often wondered how this platform is supported, and if it's housed in someone's basement, or running in a data center. Either way, those electrons aint cheap...and you burn more electrons just keeping those pizza boxes cool!

A huge thank you to those keeping the Forum up, running, and available to all of us! To @MTROIS point, how on earth do you fund it, and is there a way we can pitch in?

MTROIS, NikolShep and ChiefMark like this.
  4. Walrus Jul 2, 2020

I can third that, I have no clue what is involved in it I have enough trouble using the computer for the basics at work but this place is enjoyable, I’m always amazed at seeing what people have and I know a lot of people are behind the scenes allowing this to happen.

MTROIS likes this.
  5. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 2, 2020

It does continue to be a great source of fun, education and entertainment. And it does have he best UI of all the forums.

I would love to thank myself for all of it but unfortunately I had nothing to do with it....So I will support @MTROIS on his intent and thank the wise elder creators and moderators.

Thank you!

Edited Jul 2, 2020
    MTROIS likes this.
  6. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jul 2, 2020

Thanks original creators of THE OmegaForums...for a great forum...and for totally TOTALLY corrupting me :D

MTROIS, Omegafanman, VjaceCZ and 5 others like this.