Just like Christmas..........

Posts
18,728
Likes
38,877
.........only better.

My Speedie back from Lewis Watch Co on the other side of Australia.



The case wasn't too bad but Adam has done a fantastic job.
Only trouble is, it looks better than new so I won't be wearing it cutting the grass or washing the car etc.
 
Posts
5,660
Likes
9,496
Come on .... NASA tested them for Lawn Mowing. They passed. Yours look too new now anyway....
 
Posts
18,728
Likes
38,877
How about some more photos!?!
OK. I'll have a go tomorrow. It's after dinner time here and I'm enjoying a wee dram before I hit the hay.
 
Posts
5,660
Likes
9,496
Oh Dear ! Not the Hay ! The Speedmaster was not tested nor recommended by NASA for hitting any Hay .
 
Posts
3,259
Likes
23,334
You can wear it when smoking grass.
You can wear it smoking hash
You can wear it in Australia
Use your favorite paraphernalia
 
Posts
5,534
Likes
9,470
How about some more photos!?!
But but but what about the vibration from the camera shutter?!?

😁
 
Posts
3,599
Likes
9,152
But but but what about the vibration from the camera shutter?!?

😁
Vibrating cameras eh? Hmmmm, I've read: "The pleasure is momentary, the position ridiculous, and the expense damnable."

Could be source of income in the right places though 🙄
 
Posts
2,012
Likes
3,408
What was the turnaround time, Jim? My 2017 1861 is slowly getting slower so I think it’s due a trip to the spa…
 
Posts
18,728
Likes
38,877
What was the turnaround time, Jim? My 2017 1861 is slowly getting slower so I think it’s due a trip to the spa…
On initial enquiry, Adam quoted six to eight weeks.
The watch was received by LWC on 19APR2023 and I received an email on 31MAY2023 that it was completed.
So allowing for a day or two for admin etc, it was well within Adam's quote (42 days = six weeks).

The whole experience and outcome was first class IMO.
 
Posts
2,012
Likes
3,408
On initial enquiry, Adam quoted six to eight weeks.
The watch was received by LWC on 19APR2023 and I received an email on 31MAY2023 that it was completed.
So allowing for a day or two for admin etc, it was well within Adam's quote (42 days = six weeks).

The whole experience and outcome was first class IMO.

Excellent, thanks
 
Posts
259
Likes
232
Was this sent to an independent watchmaker for service, or sent to Omega through Lewis watch Co?