Forums Latest Members
  1. eyals Aug 11, 2017

Hi All
    A great grand uncle passed away recently after 93 years of great adventurous prosperous life.
    going through his staff we found the hand watch he was always wearing.
    18K gold bracelet and dial Omega De Ville with roman figures inside a quadrilateral shape

as much as I tried I couldn't find the model or pictures of it online (just one time a picture of the exact same bracelet.
    I have no idea how to start learning it's model, manufacturing year, what is it's value, etc.
    the watch is working properly.

any recommendation as for how to proceed and where to start will be helpful and appreciated
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

2. TexOmega Aug 11, 2017

A watchmaker can remove the back where you will find a reference number and that will point you to the model. Then the serial number on the movement will point you towards the date of manufacture.
    Nice heirloom, then have the WM service it and fit it to your wrist, wear and enjoy.

3. eyals Aug 11, 2017

Thanks for the prompt reply
    I've looked and numbers I find there are:
    151 6371 (maybe 8371, not clear)
    Ref. MR6-287
    does that help ?
    I intend either to wear and enjoy it either to sell it.
    any idea of what is reasonable price range for such watch ?
    can any watchmaker deal with it or should it be a certified Omega WM ?

thanks again

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 12, 2017

Looks like it's 1518371 case number. If you can measure the crystal size, it should be about 27 mm square.

This watch reference uses the Cal. 711 extra thin automatic movement that is only 3 mm thick. Not a common movement to come across my bench, but the good thing is that Omega still has most parts for this movement available. Any watchmaker with an Omega parts account should be able to perform a full service on this one for you.

Cheers, Al

GuiltyBoomerang and TexOmega like this.