Forums Latest Members
  1. Difeer Jun 17, 2014

Hi all, I just saw this pie panPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network on ebay. The sharpness of the case caught my eyes first. But I am not sure whether the dial is authentic. I am still not very good at catching minute details of authenticity. So I was hoping to post it here to get some input.

2. kamak Jun 17, 2014

Just learning myself, but here are some points from me. The dial passes MOY test (http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.fi/2009/02/its-all-about-moy-except-when-it-isnt.html), however the lenght of word Automatic is not correct, should be in line with word Omega? (although the hands are covering it partly so cannot be exactly sure). There is a dot in "i" in word Constellation, the Swiss Made text looks ok, but the biggest worry for me is the date window surroundings. To me the frame doesn't look correct. Instead of the complicated faceting, it seems that the bottom of the frame is warped? Then of course the most important pictures, the movement and inside of case back are missing

3. kamak Jun 17, 2014

Actually, just reading the article behind the MOY test link again and found out that there are dials where smalle font size was used for words under the Omega logo, like Automatic etc. So the only worry for me is the date window surroundings, otherwise looks ok to me, but hopefully otheres will comment as well.

4. Dablitzer Jun 17, 2014

The watch looks correct to me. Loss of tritium in the hands and replaced seconds hand. Nice sharp case. Not a bad example with some tlc and a clean it could be a nice wearer..Lack of movement shots could be a risk..

5. Difeer Jun 18, 2014

Thanks kamak and Dablitzer. I didn't notice the seconds hand until you pointed it out Dablitzer.

I think someone got a pretty ok deal (if the watch is really in working order). The bid closed at 450 pounds.

6. Dablitzer Jun 18, 2014

Not bad price! I think the hands had been removed and cleaned in the past. Maybe the second hand was changed then. The length looks off and also the central disk gives it away...