Forums Latest Members
  1. river rat Jul 13, 2017

I got the vintage Sinn 103 from 1980-1990 in a trade about 2-3 years ago. I traded a Benthos 500 for it at the time the value was the same. Many moons ago when I first got in this hobby around 1990's I wanted a Sinn 103 was a cheap scape so got the O&W version well sold that 5 years ago with a few other watches I was not wearing for moving money was moving to MT. So a few year ago I saw this cool vintage Sinn 103 with 7760 hand wind movement and a cool hand set with nice patina and single date for sale. You see these vintage 103's with bund style hands on German forums. So I offered a trade my Benthos 500 I figure I got one to many so release one for another. So the trade was done. I was told there was a sweep hand problem were it would not reset at the twelve so I put it on the back burner thought a service would fix that. Well this year I said get her done. Not going to slam the first watchmaker I sent it to but there the best with Sinn in the USA. I sent it in for a full service and told them about the sweep hand problem. Well last month I get it back from service. Well I play with the chronograph function same problem does not reset I send it back and they want to put a new hand not a bund style it came with and new white looking lume would not of matched the rest of the patina. I said send it back to me. I sent it to another watchmaker. This is the problem the sweep hand was loose on the tube that connects to the post on the movement so the watchmaker removed the tube from the hand cleaned the paint off and under the hand put the post back on the hand and spot soldered the post on the hand underneath so it cant be seen and put the sweep hand back on good as new. I think a new hand would of ruined the watch for me. To me the first watchmaker should of known how to repair a hand the main reason I sent it in for service like it cost me twice to get the job done right.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Jul 13, 2017
    Nathan1967, Uniqez, redpcar and 4 others like this.
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 13, 2017

No secret who it was RGM? Right?