Forums Latest Members
  1. asrnj77 Jun 10, 2018

I know there are other threads about these types of questions but my question is less about the case and more about the dial and bezel.

Looks like a proper Mark 1 dial to me but the lume is pretty white. I also see that the bezel insert doesn’t appear to belong to a sub 1.9 million series and probably came as a service insert. Am I missing anything here? If all else is good I suppose I could live with the wrong insert until a nice one (priced realistically) came around.

Thanks for looking!

AB87AFC7-D82E-463B-9CE1-3BB0AE34F6FA.jpeg
  2. ATWG Jun 10, 2018

Hi - looks like there are some marks on the dial which would worry me more than just the insert. Missing minute markers on the 1 & 8 o'clock as well as at 6 o'clock. I'd make sure there is tritium still present on the hour plots, otherwise that could explain as to why they're so white.

Insert appears to be a later replacement, only way to confirm is to pop it off and look at the back as it should be red back.

Overall, not an attractive watch, unless overwhelmingly underpriced.

asrnj77 likes this.
  3. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Jul 5, 2018

If you have handled this watch and there plots are shiny white, the tritium is gone.. referred as washed out..
    Like ATWG mentioned, price is important..
    Not all watches have to be perfect..

4. onthedial Jul 5, 2018

@asrnj77
    Perhaps some dial damage to the right of the 6 hour plot? Handset looks newly installed.