Forums Latest Members

Jomashop ? Reputable Seller ?

1. habsmd Feb 11, 2016

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to know if any of you have any experience buying from Jomashop ?
    Any issues ? Would you trust them buying a speedy pro ?
    They guarantee authentic and with all original serial numbers. Just wondering if anyone has heard any horror stories etc

Thanks !!
    Mark

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 11, 2016

Returns have a restocking fee, but legit products. No manufacture warranty, only their's

Drawarms and watchdaddy1 like this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 11, 2016

I bought a Hamilton from them. Came with box, manual and jomashop warranty. Shipping was fast. Watch was the real deal. Wasn't thrilled about no manufacturer warranty, but the watch has been sold on at this point, so not an issue anymore.

Legit shop, but you may be able to get better deals here, or may appreciate a proper AD or Boutique for the experience.

4. alford78 Feb 11, 2016

Same as everyone else. Good products at ok prices but can find better deals with manufacturer warranties if search around the forums as I've read that Joma warranty is kinda sketchy like many other grey dealers. There is always that small chance of getting scammed on forums but if go with a seller that moves a bunch of watches regularly then shouldn't have any issues. There are many great sellers that provide new watches with warranties at the best/lowest price possible.

5. mokofoko One sad panda Feb 11, 2016

I recently saw someone complain about receiving a new watch with a cosmetic blemish. The owner was not pleased, and Joma refused to service it as it was fully functional. No exchange offered. He ended up returning. So don't look toward Joma to refinish cases/bracelets, replace crystal, etc. If buttons break off or the movement fails, I'm sure they're just fine at repairing.

6. habsmd Feb 11, 2016

thanks for the reply oddboy, i appreciate it
    AD discounts won't go any higher than 15% discount in general. In my opinion, the extra $1000 isn't worth it simply for the manufacturer warrantee
    and I decided I don't so much want a used watch.
    In that case, I'm thinking joma may be my best option.
    Thoughts ?

quito and Rglaz like this.
  7. habsmd Feb 11, 2016

Thanks Alford !!
    I agree there are better deals on here, however I don't want a used watch.
    There are never any guarantees as to whether the watch has been services or not, and if so, what kind if parts are in it.
    Therefore I'd really prefer a brand new piece

8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 11, 2016

be.norm, chronos, Nitzbar and 3 others like this.
  9. alford78 Feb 12, 2016

I didn't mention used watches. ;-)

I'm talking about brand new watches with manufacturer warranty from sellers on forums. There are many forums where there are very well known sellers with references which will limit the risk of being scammed and always use PayPal with an invoice that describes the watch you are buying for extra protection.

Feel free to PM me if need help. I'm not a seller but have been around various forums long enough to suggest a few sellers at the very least.

10. duc Feb 13, 2016

My purchasing experience was mixed. The product (Speedmaster Pro) was delivered very fast. However, along the way I sent a few emails and all the replies were weak (or non existent). It was frustrating while I waited. Ultimately I was surprised with an early delivery.

You have to make sure the item you are interested in is actually in stock. Mine was, so I'm pretty confident that's why everything went quickly. I've heard if the item is not in stock, the frustration level goes way up.

I receive a couple of advertisement emails from them each day. One advertised a flash sale on a watch I've been waiting for but can't quite justify the expenditure at this time. The sale price was $400 lower than their normally advertised price of $4200. In the email they indicated it would "usually ship within 1 to 2 weeks". I sent an email asking if they would guarantee shipping in no more than 2 weeks. The email was unanswered, but more significantly, the next day, the price was back up to $4200. In the flash sale email, the sale price was advertised to expire 9 days from when it was sent. I found that episode questionable to say the least.

I'm on the fence whether or not I would buy from them again now. I would definitely only buy if the item was "in stock, ready for immediate shipping".

11. habsmd Feb 16, 2016

thanks for the response. So you are annoyed with the flash sale and the emails but you didn't have a problem getting the item you paid for quickly, correct ?
    Original serial numbers on the speedy pro ? I'm looking to get the speedmaster pro from them as well

12. jud Feb 16, 2016

If you want a Speedy Pro, just send a message to @Kringkily and tell him you want a new watch, not used. Why mess with a questionable seller when multiple people on this forum have told you to use him.

ac106 and watchdaddy1 like this.
  13. speedy57 Feb 16, 2016

Yes, buy from Kringkily. He hook d me up on a new speedy racing model for a very reasonable deal, with factory omega warranty. Nice, trustworthy guy. I think Imgot 28% off.

14. duc Feb 17, 2016

Without a doubt I would take the advice you are hearing from this board. I bought my watch before coming here. Had I spent any time here before making the purchase, I would have contacted @Kringkily first (based on the overwhelming praise he receives from all quarters here)..

The part about the flash sale episode that leaves me wondering is the fact that they advertised a price for "several days" and it was changed after one one day. That is unethical and it would sway my decision to use them if I had a more reliable choice. I will admit that after my purchase, I was inclined to use them again. After spending a relatively short time here, it is clear that there are some sellers here with impeccable reputations. There is no need to use a shop that would cause any stress, particularly if you get a similar deal, with the warranty card from Omega (which Jomashop does not provide).

15. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 17, 2016

My POV ....If you are buying new, buy from an authorized dealer. You will not get deep discounts but you can make a deal if you shop around. You will also be annoyed but worry free if there is an issue.

16. habsmd Feb 17, 2016

Thanks for your help !!
    the price, however, is not similar. Probably a difference of $1000 between jomashop and prices for new unworn watches ive seen on here or contacted sellers about.
    I'm leaning towards jomashop because I have not been able to find any prices close to jomashop for a new unworn speedy pro.
    thoughts ?

17. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 17, 2016

I
    the only disadvantage will be on the factory warranty, which you won't get with jomashop. They do offer their own warranty and they have been in business for a long time.

So you should be fine. I personally like swisluxury watches better but you will get the right watch.

No matter what you're told the chances of anything being wrong with the watch are the same as from.a boutique or an AD, and you will find on this site a few threads on nightmare scenarios and resolutions from AD as well as gray or boutique. A boutique for sure will give the best guarantee of costumer care and follow up.

I have bought gray market myself and haven't had any issues. Ever.

18. habsmd Feb 17, 2016

Thanks !! The way I see it, the manufacturer warrantee is 2 yrs. The odds of it needing service in those 2 yrs is slim. And if I did need it serviced, i would send it to omega for servicing, and pay the $500-1000 it costs for service. I'm still coming out on top since buying grey market saves me >$2000 anyways.

Rodmar and Rglaz like this.
  19. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 17, 2016

There you are then. Follow your own advice and enjoy.

One last thing to account for: if you think you may lip the watch rather than keep it it is much more difficult to move a grey market piece at fair price. On one hand some people are just finicky, on the other for a newish model on resale everyone will expect a 25 to 30% discount on sale price PLUS omega warranty and papers. So accept that one thing. If you're keeping it then you're good to go.

bill5959 likes this.
  20. alford78 Feb 18, 2016

I found you one within a 5 second search cheaper than Jomas shop at the place I mentioned in your PM.

And one sold yesterday for under $3700

Edited Feb 18, 2016