Forums Latest Members
  1. vonrozen Mar 17, 2015

despite the patina ... would you say they are original ?

jlc-2.jpg jlc-1st watch.jpg
  2. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Mar 17, 2015

Will be interesting to see how many responses you get re: JLC on the Omega forum. I'm not familiar with the JLC font, but the first (top) watch looks like the "SWISS" at the bottom is an odd font. Could be the appearance through the curvature of the crystal?
    Hope others will chime in. They may not be Omegas, but they'll certainly serve as good examples of how to determine dial originality. I know I can benefit from that ongoing education!

3. ezinternet Mar 17, 2015

Real.
    One "tell" is the continuous integration of the swoop under the name into the first and last character.
    (Welcome to the Vintage Omega sub-forum where everyone is friendly and helpful :)

4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Mar 17, 2015

IMO, these are both original.

I really like the first - love those sword hands, but the second with the applied breuget numerals & notched lugs is also quite nice.

I won't claim expert status, but I do own a few early JLC and have looked at a ton of them.

There is a dedicated forum (hosted by Zaf Basha) at http://www.jaegerlecoultreforum.com/ if you want to have them vetted there too.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426608731.027436.jpg

nlogax likes this.