Forums Latest Members

JLC military cal.463, Need help?

1. kingcesc Jun 15, 2017

Excuse me if here is not the place for non-omega vintage timepieces.
    I am now on the market for a JLC military watch, but not having much knowledge about them.
    Having seen this watch being for sale but not sure whether the watch is correct or not. Hopefully an expert could help me out, it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gstp Jun 15, 2017

The alledged German military JLC. Better ask Zaf on his own forum on classicwatch.com. If this dial is the correct one.

I can't be bothered expressing my opinion. But I do not like the sight of a regulator pushed all the way to one side.

kingcesc likes this.
  3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 15, 2017

These were not necessarily military issued watches, although some may have been personal watches of officers who used them in the military.

Seems to be a nice example, although I'm certain it was relumed.
    gatorcpa

Syrte likes this.
  4. François Pépin Jun 15, 2017

It may be a redial, even if not a too bad one. Relumed as Gatorcpa said and too much space between Jaeger and Lecoultre.

Syrte likes this.
  5. Gstp Jun 15, 2017

The sc wehrmacht JLC have a different name layout on the dial than the civilian ones. Other traits Are matching Numbers case back and mvmnt, and cal nr stamped on barrel bridge.

6. François Pépin Jun 15, 2017

I did not know that, thanks! I am not a military watch guy...

I will try to compare the OP's dial and some other military JLC ones in order to get a better idea if this special script.

7. kingcesc Jun 15, 2017

Thank you all. So, I need to stay out of the watch: Relume, redial?

8. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jun 15, 2017

in my opinion a military watch is an issued watch. with issue markings. this might be used by some mil. guy, but it is not a military watch. treat it as a civil version and pay accordingly. kind regards. achim

Syrte and kingcesc like this.
  9. François Pépin Jun 16, 2017

I would consider two possibilities:

- if it is civilian regular JLC, I would say redial. The script looks a bit heavy and there is too much space between Jaeger and Lecoultre.

- if it is a military issue with a special script, then I do not know - I am not at all an expert on military watches.

Without more info, I would be suspicious about the military thing and would not pay huge money for this watch.

Edited Jun 16, 2017
    kingcesc likes this.
  10. kingcesc Jun 16, 2017

Thanks you @François Pépin
    The case number & movement number are matching, is it a point what a military issue JLC is supposed to have?

11. François Pépin Jun 16, 2017

I think Syrte and others could give you a better answer than me! I would only say that a real military issue usually have some special markings, have been built and sold for military purposes and should not be mixed up with "military like" watches.

kingcesc likes this.
  12. Gstp Jun 16, 2017

It is the so called wehrmact JLC you have there. No doubt. It was a special delivery but it is not confirmed that they were issued as such.

I think it is collectible, but I am a JLC military collector. But if it is a watch for daily use you are after you better look for something else.
    It is rather small. It has no shock protection - I gave one of mine to my wife for use and the staff broke withon months...- and it's a plated case.

Some of the WWWs are better for wearing

13. Georgieboy58 Jun 16, 2017

I have the exact same watch (serial 382 away from this), except mine was put into an (obviously incorrect) 6B/159 case.
    The dial is the same apart from not being relumed:
    SAM_0890.JPG

Sorry for the crappy pic

Georg

Edited Jun 16, 2017
  14. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jun 16, 2017

george, i`d need your case alone...... if you consider the case for sale, let me know. kind regards. achim

15. kingcesc Jun 16, 2017

Thank you @Gstp
    I think I will take your advice and looking for another one, Would you recommend me some other WWWs model with better quality for daily wearing.
    Regards,

16. Gstp Jun 16, 2017

^^ www Cyma is often available, and popular with good size 38 mm and stainless steel case. Have a look at the Omega and Record too.

Do a search on "dirty dozen" = twelve makers of WWWs - but don't get the bug unless you can afford it ;) Happy hunting