Forums Latest Members
  1. Davidt Jun 6, 2014

I wasn't a huge fan of these bracelets previously, but I've just seen a pic of one on an old thread and now they're the best bracelet I've ever seen and I've got to get one for summer!

I know a few guys on here have them on their 321's so I'd really appreciate any advice.

Is is the one on eBay below correct or a different model? On the sellers pics the mesh is on the inside, but on the pics I've seen, the mesh is on the outside. Are they reversible?

Also, I heard they were dirt cheap in the sixties. Are they fairly flimsy or good enough quality to wear everyday?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160802404653Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

P.s. Feel free to add some pics!! ;)

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 6, 2014

Nope that's not it.

3. TLIGuy Jun 6, 2014

My favorite bracelet as well. I absolutely love the comfort especially during the summer. I find them to be very study and secure, even though when you look at it the first time you say no way.

The one you link to is not the correct style if you are looking for the actual style used by the astronauts.

This is the one you want. There are two versions either the horned end pieces or the straight ends. You will see both styles were used by the the astronauts but the horned one in this auction tends to cost more. Yes, the price is crazy especially when you see them in the original packaging at $6.95

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Unu...9979305?pt=US_Watch_Bands&hash=item19ee2b05a9Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Also, here is a a thread I did that will wet your appetite for a JB Champion bracelet.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/astronaut-wrist-shots-speedmasters-galore-rolex-879649.html

Pictures...sure...

image_zps6d7604a7.JPG

image_zps2fff9770.JPG

RSCN2730_zps8b00807f.JPG

Poday and Davidt like this.
  4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 6, 2014

I picked one of these up recently. Finding them is easy, but the price is not - you'll have to pay up. ::money:: You can sometimes do better than the listed price, with patience and a motivated seller. I contacted a seller who had one listed and relisted for months, and he finally agree to my price - which was still high, but acceptable.

When you put the prices of these in perspective against the ::censored:: pricing of OEM Omega bracelets and straps today....

2uhe8a6u.jpg

5. Davidt Jun 6, 2014

Thanks guys. I've had a better look now and obviously the one I linked to first isn't correct. The one on TLIGuys watch looks amazing-that's exactly what Im looking for.

I'm alternating between an aftermarket rally strap on my 321 and a 1039 on my 861 at the minute so I'll have to keep my eye out for one of these.

I can't believe I wasn't that interested in them until now!

6. TLIGuy Jun 6, 2014

Absolutely agree on the price. They can be listed for crazy money. I was just linking to this one so the correct style was seen. You are right, with a little patience you can find a good deal one one if you are diligent in your search.

Darlinboy likes this.
  7. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 7, 2014

8. quito No, my first name is NOT Mos. Jun 7, 2014

Davidt, Gavin, TLIGuy and 1 other person like this.
  9. Poday Jun 8, 2014

Love the inclusion of the Fisher Space Pen in your photos!