Forums Latest Members
  1. DanT Nov 15, 2023

Hi All

Here we have for sale a handsome IWC Ref 1828 Automatic, with the renowned 8541B movement which was used in numerous IWC watches including the Yacht Club, Ingenieur etc.

Case - Measures 35.5mm without crown, stainless steel tonneau shape gives it a lot of presence on the wrist still features its brushing on the top and thin polished bevel. There is a small nick on the bottom left leg. Original crown with IWC fish logo. 18mm lugs.
    Dial - Original dial with applied IWC logo and International Watch Co printed script. The steel hour indices are applied and have polished bevels that catch the light beautifully. There is some fading to the lacquer around the 6,7 & 9 markers.
    Movement - 8541B 'Pellaton' automatic with hacking feature and quick date set by moving the hands between 10 and midnight. IWC from this era made some of the best and most accurate movements. Keeping good time and all functions working but no service history known.
    Strap - generic leather alligator similar to the one it would have originally come on.
    Box - original IWC box with velvet lining.

I believe these 1828 Ref IWC slightly predated the Yacht Club model - and offered with the box I think presents great value considering it has the same high quality as other sought after IWC models of the same period. £750 including postage in the UK, postage for sales outside the UK to be discussed. Thanks for looking, and OF as ever for the space - and hope you enjoy the pics!

IWC Box 1 G.jpg IWC crown side.jpg IWC side 2.jpg IWC caseback.jpg IWC Movement 1.jpg IWC wrist.jpg

jaguar11, UWG, Spruce and 1 other person like this.
  2. Norfolk Nov 15, 2023

Beautiful watch. PM sent.

3. DanT Nov 19, 2023

Watch now sold - and going to an aficionado of these great IWC models. Thanks for those who messaged me with interest, and to OF and the mods for your help and the space.

YYTIN likes this.