IWC 3531 - real?

I'm by no means an expert on vintage and neo-vintage IWC. I'd love to pick up a IW3531 and have been keeping an eye out for one. However the font looks a bit off on this example, wondering if anyone has any input? Not a watch that has an extremely big market due to the size, but I suppose anything can be faked.

vAqEnid.jpeg

5de1QJ2.jpeg

Seemingly found images of two other 3531 with the same cursive & numeral style (the more squared off 8)
s_1170035-jpg.9679378

-Rose-Numerals-35MM-22164-1.jpg

Looks ok. The numerals are embossed, not applied, so they tend to show as a bit 'flat' sometimes. This is not a watch that would have a huge market for a fake effort.

Like 3
Looks ok. The numerals are embossed, not applied, so they tend to show as a bit 'flat' sometimes. This is not a watch that would have a huge market for a fake effort.

Thanks, I was thinking the same about fakes not being likely but could've been repainted or something. The script on the dial looked different from other examples of 3531 I had seen (Especially "I" "W" and the single line under "o"). There's not really any info online about the dial variations for this reference, but I did manage to find more photos of this script and numeral combination.

Still can't tell what the rhyme or reason is, as they're all reference 3531-003. Curious if anyone has insight about which came first.

I'm by no means an expert on vintage and neo-vintage IWC. I'd love to pick up a IW3531 and have been keeping an eye out for one. However the font looks a bit off on this example, wondering if anyone has any input? Not a watch that has an extremely big market due to the size, but I suppose anything can be faked.

/QUOTE]

There exists a dedicated forum for IWC people - might have more expert ideas obver there, just a thought...

I'm a big fan of these. Perfect size, no date, JLC based movement, pre-Richemont IWC goodness, but never got into the weeds with them as far as fonts used, etc. Here are some images I've taken that might help with your research:

LAI7e7p.jpg

w1IISor.jpeg

These are nice looking IWC watches which can be worn dressed up, for work, and casually. JLC movement is a bonus!

Black dial ones seem to be quite rare; I’d love to have one. I think the white dial would be perfect with blued hands and dark numerals but the gold just doesn’t look great to me.