Forums Latest Members
  1. RaphWu Sep 1, 2020

Hi watch lovers,

First of all thank you for clicking on this post. I am new to this forum and also new to the vintage watches realm. I know some folks here have deep expertise in IWC vintage watches, and I am looking forward to your comments on this!
    I have grown a strong interest recently in the IWC 1405 with caliber 402 inside. I came across this watch previously. The condition of the case and dial looked awesome. Hereafter I asked the seller to share to me the movement photo, but it turned me off. I have highlighted the potential issues in the movement photo and wanted to consult you guys and verify my concerns:

highlighted in red: the rust-like dark color of the central seconds tile - I have seen better photos online for this part, silver and no rust color etc.
    highlighted in teal: the broken tooth on the wheel

Are they really the problems that I think they are?

This watch was sold to another buyer so it is now off my table. But I do like it very much and would love to hunt for another one. Therefore I wanted to learn from you guys and understand more about this movement.

Thanks a lot in advance!
    20200901_220959.jpg mmexport1598969264739.jpg mmexport1598692805048.jpg

2. Sgt_Bilko Sep 3, 2020

There are several knowledgable collectors here for all kinds of watches, however you may find more answers on this point at the IWC forum if nobody has any information. https://forum.iwc.com

RaphWu likes this.
  3. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Sep 3, 2020

But you’ve certainly done your homework:)

RaphWu likes this.
  4. davidswiss Oct 4, 2020

Every picture I have seen of a 402 shows that central part with variations of the same colour/material, it's not steel.
    The watch itself looked pretty good to me.

RaphWu likes this.