Forums Latest Members
  1. JohnStaker Aug 11, 2019

Hi all,
    I recently acquired a Seamaster De Ville that was made in the 60s I think, and it has a few issues I'm hoping to diagnose. When pulled out to the first stop, the crown is slightly loose, and when turning it to adjust the time, the date changes at the 6 instead of the 12. Also, the second hand does not cease movement when the crown is pulled out. When the crown is pulled out to the second stop, the second hand also continues to move. I'm not sure if the crown is supposed to adjust something at this position, but it doesn't change anything when turned, and it is extremely loose. Any advice in these issues is appreciated. Thanks! 15655439793571855716487.jpg This is a picture of the face. Any ideas on the year this could be from? 15655440116261620395583.jpg This is a picture of the crown when it is in the second position and extremely loose.

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 11, 2019

Your watch is fitted with an incorrect crown, which is why it flops around.

The second hand is not supposed to stop or "hack" in any position.

Someone set up the watch incorrectly so the date change is off.

The second position is supposed to quick-set the date, since it doesn't, something is broken or missing.

If the watch seemed like it was a bargain, it wasn't, I'd return it if possible.