Forums Latest Members
  1. mtor91 Oct 9, 2019

delete

Edited Oct 14, 2019
  2. Passover Oct 9, 2019

Hi Mtor,

how long did you wear the watch before -as I assume- taking it off for night?

You can help the power reserve by winding the crown a couple of times before wearing it.

Movement looks not very clean btw so a service could be neccessary if that doesn't help

Crown is wrong, could you please measure the watch again? Diameter without crown should be 35mm I think.

Watch looks quite small...

Did you ask here before buying it?

3. Dan S Oct 9, 2019

The issue with timekeeping could be something minor, like magnetization. Did the listing say anything about timekeeping, or did you ask the seller?

If you're sure about the error in size, that is grounds for a return.

4. mtor91 Oct 9, 2019

I wore it for maybe 10 minutes as I opened the parcel late at night. But yeah its 33mm without the crown, 35mm with. The listing said 36mm so I assumed it would be that size as it was a highly regarded seller and he mentioned in the posting that it kept great time as well....

5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 9, 2019

Return it, if it isn't as described. Then you're free to educate yourself before making another mistake. Not a lot of chances for a do-over when paying the noob tax.

Benbradstock, Davidt and Dan S like this.
  6. Passover Oct 9, 2019

Wearing an automatic watch 10 minutes isn't enough to wind the mainspring substantially.

As described, wind it a few times, wear it a few hours and it will have enough reserve to lay around for the night (depends on the general movement / main spring condition)

As pointed out by @efauser , return the watch, its smaller as described!

Before buying the next one post it here on the forum to have it checked...

Benbradstock, Dan S and efauser like this.
  7. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Oct 9, 2019

Beyond the obvious size misrepresentation which puts you on firm footing for a return, never assume that a watch that is described as running, running great, keeping great time etc.. will continue to do so upon arrival. The rigors of shipping can and will change that condition. Always include a service in your budget. These are after all, the horological equivalent of "as Is" used cars. No warranties are expressed or implied.

airansun, felsby and efauser like this.
  8. Johnvibes Oct 9, 2019

Go ahead and wind it fully and wear it for a day or evening, checking the time every 8 hours or so. If it is running very fast, have a watchmaker check it for magnetism. In the meantime time, let the seller know the issues right away.

9. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Oct 9, 2019

Yes, you have to wind it, particularly if you only wear it intermittently, about 20 turns should do the trick.
    Presumably, that apart, it sets well, the quick change date function works, it keeps good time?
    Still, nice looking gold capped Seamaster ....... shame about that missing millimetre....

10. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Oct 9, 2019

However thoroughly the OF members check the photos, the wearer has still got to wind it .......

11. Pvt-Public Oct 9, 2019

It's also missing the adjustment screw for the regulator.
    of.jpg
    here's my 560 series to compare
    new.jpg

mtor91, kkt and Passover like this.
  12. Davidt Oct 9, 2019

The issue with timekeeping is irrelevant here.

You bought and we’re expecting a 36mm Watch so return it.

As others have said, unless you see a receipt, assume a bintagevwatch may need a service.

89-0 likes this.
  13. Theluglife Oct 14, 2019

let us know how it all turns out. a follow up post would be much appreciated