Forums Latest Members
  1. Flintlock Jul 1, 2019

I'm referring to the second hand on my Seamaster. I found a watchmaker in Clearwater FL that is authorized repair shop for Omega and other Swiss brands. I was dropping off for service and they mentioned that the faded red on the tip was not sun bleaching but a moisture indicator.

I haven't read anything about that before. I wonder if it's even useful. It would seem that anytime the crown is unscrewed it's open to environmental humidity anyway and not necessarily an indication of water intrusion. I wonder if anyone has an opinion on the subject.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 1, 2019

Complete nonsense.

JimInOz, flw, Motik and 7 others like this.
  3. SantaCruz Jul 1, 2019

Am I ok, my tip is orange!!?

Flintlock likes this.
  4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 1, 2019

Are you sure they were talking about a seconds hand?

Observer, CdnWatchDoc and M'Bob like this.
  5. M'Bob Jul 1, 2019

Yet again, beating me to the draw...

efauser likes this.
  6. alam Jul 1, 2019

Is Omega slacking giving certifications? ::facepalm2::

7. FlyingSnoopy Jul 1, 2019

Would be nice though...
    Like the milspec...
    Cheers

8. Mafkees Jul 1, 2019

You should probably seek professional medical attention..

9. rcs914 Jul 1, 2019

Stop eating Cheetos.

10. M'Bob Jul 1, 2019

A guy notices one afternoon before taking a shower that his penis is orange. He freaks out, and makes an appointment with his doctor the very next day. The doctor is perplexed, but gives him some creme to use that helps. However, the problem returns, and he goes back to the physician.

The doctor says, "Does this problem seem to happen at a particular time of day?"

"Yes," says the patient. "It seems to occur in the afternoon, right before my shower."

"Have you recently changed any of your afternoon activities,?" asked the doctor.

"Nope," says the patient. "Still eating Cheetos and watching videos..."

Motik, dinexus, SantaCruz and 5 others like this.
  11. Flintlock Jul 1, 2019

Thanks Archer. I'm pretty amazed because I had all kinds of good vibes when I visited. I did leave it for service. They seemed professional and I usually have good instincts. Well for $28 extra I'll have a bright red tip and it won't look like I'm eating cheetos. Now I worry about the main job. Yea, we have no idea what they actually do. It could be nothing and I wouldn't know.

In South Jersey there is only one AD and they would have sent it out. In the greater Tampa area there were several Omega boutiques and I thought they were full service but the one I called said they send to Omega.

I was thinking after I left that it didn't make sense for a moisture indicator when humidity can enter when you loosen the crown anyway.

Steve

12. Flintlock Jul 1, 2019

I believe that means you got it wet.

13. Flintlock Jul 1, 2019

I hope not.

14. Flintlock Jul 1, 2019

I didn't post the name but if anyone is in the Hillsborough, Pinellas area I would welcome a pm.

15. flw history nerd Jul 1, 2019

That's a rather personal question ... I don't think we've been properly introduced.