Forums Latest Members
  1. fc3861 Apr 23, 2021

Hello,

I've been looking at this WatchMaxx gray market website and I realize that the Omega watches they sell are not warrantied by Omega but the discount is too much to ignore.

Has anyone had any recent experience with them?

Also, does anyone know if a watch is purchased from a gray market dealer like this, if Omega will still perform routine service on the watch or will I be persona non grata in Omega's eyes?

Back in the day, these gray market dealers used to grind off the serial numbers and I know Omega won't even touch these.

Best regards,
    Frank

2. cknight24 Apr 23, 2021

I've never used them, but there are other options to get watches at a good discount with full warranty. Check out the sales section here and you'll find a few trusted sellers who can probably get you what you're after.

3. Walrus Apr 23, 2021

Ya I never used them but I checked out the site. Looks legit probably just like jomashop and I never had any problems with them. Damn I saw some nice Oris watches at watchmaxx you got me thinking. Did you do a Google search look for reviews of the place? Sometimes you find independent reviews not tied to the site. Looks decent to me though

4. Walrus Apr 23, 2021

5. fc3861 Apr 23, 2021

Walrus likes this.
  6. Thrasher36 Apr 23, 2021

I have used them and in regard to buying a watch like Omega I dont need the Omega warranty as very very very few Omegas fail during the warranty period, So if you know your buying quality what's the point of the warranty, That being said I'm glad I got my H10/2824 powered Hamilton murph with a factory warranty as it failed in 4 months

ChiefMark likes this.
  7. Dan S Apr 23, 2021

Omega and Hamilton are both part of Swatchgroup and the watches are manufactured in the same city. I would be curious to know if there is a substantial difference in the assembly and quality control of mass-produced models from the two brands. I understand that there is an aura of prestige and quality around Omega, and obviously they have various higher-end features. But QC would seem to be the main issue for warranty.

8. YY77 Apr 24, 2021

I know @stevec14 is glad he has an Omega with warranty.

9. pianomankd Apr 24, 2021

Purchased a few watches from them with no issues...

10. 3rdstringholder Apr 24, 2021

If the serial number was ground off, that would be a deal breaker for me. Wouldn't even consider a purchase. Feel certain your WatchMaxx friends can address serial number legibility.

11. stevec14 Apr 25, 2021

Yeah, for sure. I couldn’t comment on what the warranty with these guys would be like, but it’s definitely worth having esp for a 3861.

YY77 likes this.
  12. Butik Apr 25, 2021

Purchased lady Tag Heuer a few years ago when I was in US and all was good. But obviously I knew it was a cheap quartz watch and I would handle issues (if any) back in Poland without guarantee.

13. Speedy1 Apr 26, 2021

spent about $15k on two different watches from them recently (not Omega), but i have purchased Omega in the recent past. They ship quick, and the serial numbers are intact, as are all the paperwork.

14. ChiefMark Apr 26, 2021

Funny, mine failed in less than that. What I've since learned is the movement isn't keen on manual winding. I like my Murph quite a bit, but now I only give it enough of a wind to start the movement and then put it on.