Forums Latest Members
  1. holeymakarel Apr 23, 2014

Hello all, long time lurker first time poster here. I have an opportunity to buy this vintage omega Seamaster for $400. I later got a picture of the movement from the guy. It appears to be a ref 2759-10 cal 410, from what I can tell from the relatively low res picture. Everything looks in order, except I can't quite make out if there is the Omega logo etched into the center of the crystal. It should be there on a circa 1954 omega watch, right? The band obviously isn't original but I don't care about that. So is this worth $400? Would you go for it?? Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fritz likes this.
  2. marturx Apr 23, 2014

Be aware that that is a relatively small sized watches. Even for being vintage. Like 32 mm excluding the crown. If you're not aware of this already, and it doesn't bother you, I suggest you confirm this with the seller before you proceed

holeymakarel likes this.
  3. holeymakarel Apr 23, 2014

Yeah it is kinda small, but I have tiny wrists so I don't mind :thumbsup:

4. rhetoric Apr 23, 2014

Really pretty cream dial :thumbsup:

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 23, 2014

if you don't buy it, can you send me the details!

6. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 23, 2014

Thats a really nice watch, assuming its mechanically sound I'd grab it...... but then I have skinny wrists!

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 23, 2014

Very nice, and with bolt-action springbars :thumbsup:

If you don't want it, and if Daniel's asleep, send me the details :D

8. holeymakarel Apr 23, 2014

Sorry guys, I'm about 96% sure that I'm gonna go for it.;) I'm just wondering about that Omega logo on the crystal though...should there be one? Is it there but not visible in these photos...:thumbsdown:

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 24, 2014

I wouldn't worry about the Ω in the crystal, they only appeared in the mid 50s thereabouts and you can always get a new crystal for about $50 if it really needs it.

It's just fine the way it is.

Shelby and rhetoric like this.
  10. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 24, 2014

Given we both live in Australia, presumably we have similar sleepijg timed, and I have two toddlers, so I am awake all sorts of weirdhours!