Is this seamaster real?

Hey all!
Looking to get my first luxury watch and I’m looking at vintage ones as that’s what I like more! I just wanted to do a check to make sure this is a seamaster like they say it is! I have some pictures of the whole watch, but not the movement inside, working to get those now!

Really bad pic of dial, cant see any detail, but I would be willing to bet its a redial at best.

Take a look at your post and ask yourself if it is plausible for someone to authenticate a watch based on those photos.

Let me explain your post to you via analogy. What’s your favorite ornament on my Christmas tree?

I think that your watch probably has a refinished dial, but we can’t tell you anything without better photos. At a minimum, those should include clear, detailed photos taken in natural light showing a straight on closeup photo of the dial, the back of the watch, each side of the watch, the movement and the inside of the case back. Help us help you.

You might like these - I've had them a while but I don't use them a lot nowadays. They are all great quality though.
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Let me explain your post to you via analogy. What’s your favorite ornament on my Christmas tree?

I think that your watch probably has a refinished dial, but we can’t tell you anything without better photos. At a minimum, those should include clear, detailed photos taken in natural light showing a straight on closeup photo of the dial, the back of the watch, each side of the watch, the movement and the inside of the case back. Help us help you.
I understand that, didn’t upload my own photos these are the ones from the online listing. I’ve reached out asking for better pictures I’ll update y’all when he replies! Thank you for the info about the redial, I’ll keep that in mind!

I understand that, didn’t upload my own photos these are the ones from the online listing. I’ve reached out asking for better pictures I’ll update y’all when he replies! Thank you for the info about the redial, I’ll keep that in mind!
Seems to me like the previous owner doesn’t have the best of cameras, but he gave me some photos of the back case and movement. Looks like a 2802-8 back case and he didn’t send me a clear pic of the movement identification, but looks to me like the cal. 471 that is supposed to be in that case.

Without better dial shots, I would be moving on regardless of case back and movement info

It’s rubbish. Absolute pass unless it’s dirt cheap (ie $100) and that’s the limit of your budget.

It’s rubbish. Absolute pass unless it’s dirt cheap (ie $100) and that’s the limit of your budget.
What makes it rubbish? And it’s at auction for a min $400

Anyone bidding $400?

The dial has been repainted which kills the collector value (and with it much of the monetary value) and the movement has led a harsh life (likely which led to the dial being in such poor condition it was refinished in this fantasy blue).

It’s simply a bad example of a vintage Omega.

Anyone bidding $400?
No, no bids, thought I could maybe get a deal on an decent older omega with some color to it, impossible to find a seamaster with any color under $500. Just trying to find a good all around watch to last me the next couple decades, but on a tighter budget.

The dial has been repainted which kills the collector value (and with it much of the monetary value) and the movement has led a harsh life (likely which led to the dial being in such poor condition it was refinished in this fantasy blue).

Gotcha I’ll steer clear

+1. Run, don’t walk.

No, no bids, thought I could maybe get a deal on an decent older omega with some color to it, impossible to find a seamaster with any color under $500. Just trying to find a good all around watch to last me the next couple decades, but on a tighter budget.
You won't find original blue until the 70s, look for a cosmic

Most 60’s Seamaster non dive watches had silver dials. Occasionally they’re found with black dials. If you want blue you’re into the late 60’s and 70’s. Try Geneves and Seamaster Cosmics.