Forums Latest Members
  1. mrleonov Aug 22, 2019

2. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Aug 22, 2019

Hello mrleonov. Welcome to OF

Omega Forums is a collective of mutants who literally cannot think without photos to guide us. ;) Kindly provide photos, not links. Links are also useless for a historical record of this discussion.

Can you also describe your impression of the watch and what you think might be real or fake about it? Letting us know the price will also guide the conversation in a most helpful direction.
    Fair warning, depending on the model, you might not get a lot of love for quartz here, but let's give it a try ::popcorn::

3. MRC Aug 22, 2019

[​IMG]

Very probably, although I'm not sure about the crown. The battery is no longer available so it might not have been running for quite some time. Serial number mid-1970s. These are not worth fakeing.

At the price of a lottery ticket it may be worth a punt.

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  4. mrleonov Aug 22, 2019

:) Hi!
    Sorry for that, i understood. Then i guess i should upload photos only from now on.
    Anyway, actually i have never seen it in real life. I just saw two of these pics, price tag (about 65 dollars) and wonder if it is real and should i include it in my small vintage watch collection. Btw, i didn't know that, sorry again. :)
    Oh hi! Should i want the pic of crown from him? Anyway, how much do you think i should offer for this watch?

5. MRC Aug 22, 2019

The crown needs to be pushed in with something like a ballpoint tip to set the time, and that one looks rather too convex to work like that to me. Maybe it's intended to be pushed in by a finger, but.....

...... I paid £4 (GBP 4.00) for this week's lottery ticket, I do not think I'd offer much more in this instance. If you like that style and can accept it may cost a lot more than the purchase cost to get it serviced then put 50 lottery tickets aside and continue searching.

P1010362m.JPG

Having this serviced by Omega cost about twice its actual current market value :( Good job I have no intention of selling it.

Late 1970s Omegas also come up with mechanical movements in the same cases, although prices are going to be rather higher. That's what I am looking for now ;)

DaveK and Jerseyhammer like this.
  6. guwipa Aug 23, 2019

From what i saw in your pics, the watch was gold plated originally. Coating seems to be badly worn out. Alone from this I would walk away. There are so many near NOS condition Omega Quartz in the wild so always worth to hunt for.

This blue one (for example) to sub 200€
    Semaster Quartz blau tv dial.jpeg

and the silver one slightly above that (and both came NOS to me)
    P1270288.jpg P1270289.jpg

DaveK likes this.
  7. Jerseyhammer Aug 23, 2019

Great purchase ! Wear in good health and enjoy

8. MRC Aug 24, 2019

The first owner never wore it often :)

That was me in 1982 :whistling: