is this seamaster authentic?

omega.jpg omega2.jpg omega.jpg
im new to omega, from your opinion is this authentic. on caseback it states 1420 under the omega logo. i apologize for the small pix. on the movement on rt upper corner it has omega swiss made with omega logo. before purchase i would really appreciate your opinions . also what model is this vintage omega? omega3.jpg

We're going to need higher resolution pics than that if you can.

Could you take a closeup of the writing on the caseback?

The bracelet and movement do look like genuine Omega, the caseback could be the final piece as the engraving on the left looks like a watchmaker's mark left after a servicing, in which case its likely legit, it will also have a reference number hopefully.

The bracelet and movement do look like genuine Omega, the caseback could be the final piece as the engraving on the left looks like a watchmaker's mark left after a servicing, in which case its likely legit, it will also have a reference number hopefully.

Right now there's nothing jumping out at me that says fake, its not a high value piece, more like an 80s entry level quartz so its not very valuable, but as a reliable quartz watch with some vintage flair, there's nothing really wrong with it. Would still like to see a close up of the caseback markings (on the inside of the caseback) so I can see what Ref. number it is

thx for your help, but i cant get a closeup of the writing on the caseback since i dont have the watch yet, in your opinion what should i be looking for in the caseback? will the reference number be there too? it states 1420 in the caseback what does that mean? i was informed that the bezel is 18kt gold plated and middle of the bracelet is also gold plated. what year could this model be and which seamaster is this and what yr was it made? is this a aqua terra? asking questions to knowledgeable watch owners.
what is the value of this watch?

thx for your help, but i cant get a closeup of the writing on the caseback since i dont have the watch yet, in your opinion what should i be looking for in the caseback? will the reference number be there too? it states 1420 in the caseback what does that mean? i was informed that the bezel is 18kt gold plated and middle of the bracelet is also gold plated. what year could this model be and which seamaster is this and what yr was it made? is this a aqua terra? asking questions to knowledgeable watch owners.
what is the value of this watch?
Its not an Aqua Terra, that's for sure, its a very old 1980s low cost Quartz. I honestly wouldn't pay anywhere over $250 for it, even if I really wanted it and was sure it was completely legit.

Its not an Aqua Terra, that's for sure, its a very old 1980s low cost Quartz. I honestly wouldn't pay anywhere over $250 for it, even if I really wanted it and was sure it was completely legit.

thx again for all your efforts and time. i paid close to your statement but i was informed it was worth $800. it was maintained in excellent condition. once again thank you

thx again for all your efforts and time. i paid close to your statement but i was informed it was worth $800. it was maintained in excellent condition. once again thank you

also it is a seamaster model am i correct since it was written on the caseback?

also it is a seamaster model am i correct since it was written on the caseback?
It would be a Seamaster, yeap.

The fact that it has that scribble looking marking inside the caseback (on the left in the picture) would indicate that its been serviced professionally at some point, which is rather rare for quartz watches of that era, most were discarded in time, and the bracelet and gold plating looks in good shape, so from a keeping and wearing perspective, its a nice piece in good shape (I'd say early 1980s). There's nothing wrong with paying extra for a good quality example of a style you really like, enjoy your watch and post some pics when you get it!

it would be worth around usd 400 - 600 depends on condition

400-600 seems pretty pricey for such a piece. What are you basing this on?

i have seen many at this range

Asking price maybe? Because they don't sell at that price. I could ask $45,000 for my Seiko 009 - doesn't mean I'll get it. Check completed eBay auctions. The prices in green are the actual realized price after bidding ends, while the ones in red are the asking prices that didn't result in a sale, meaning they were too high. The whole world won't pass up a decently priced watch in good condition!