Forums Latest Members
  1. VinceFR Apr 19, 2020

Hi Everyone,

I'm a french guy who is looking for a Vintage Omega to wear on days when I don't wear my Meistersinger.
    I've found a nice Seamaster but after a lot of verification on this forum or omega vintage database i think it's a redial, and i don't particularly want one, i prefer to put the price and have a "real" one.

In my research i've found :

- The typography for Seamaster don't look like the one on omega website (https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-seamaster-calendar-ck-2849) for the caliber 503

- The case-back doesn't have the Sea Monster or Waterproof, Seamaster indications
    - The crosshair doesn't seam to be well centered, on all photos on the forum the crosshair pass at the end the m of seamaster
    - the indicator of minutes seams to be heavy

The pictures :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The link on catawiki : https://www.catawiki.eu/l/36259531?...mpaign=lot_won_pay_now&utm_content=&utm_term=

And finally the question : Q.E.D : It's a redial ? Expensive for 600EUR ?

2. Dan S Apr 19, 2020

Redial. Polished back.

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. Panjo Apr 19, 2020

Me......
    Don't Bother!!

4. seekingseaquest Apr 19, 2020

The case back never had the hippocampus, but it did say Seamaster and Waterproof on the outer edge.. which has been completely polished off.

Do not buy this watch.

simomega, connieseamaster and Dan S like this.
  5. VinceFR Apr 19, 2020

Okay. Thanks to everyone ;) !

6. TraderSantiago Apr 19, 2020

Definitely a redial. Would steer clear.

7. VinceFR Apr 19, 2020

Thanks a lot. I'm going to open an other thread to get advice on a geneve or other watch i've found on chrono24.

Thanks again.