Forums Latest Members

Is This Seamaster 147.012 Original?

1. marsy101 Jun 26, 2013

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I've been using the forum and hunting on ebay and other auction sites for a few months and have had a lot of trouble wading through all the heavily refurbished watches out there. They look beautiful, but I want something with some originality and prefer the odd sign of wear and tear because I think it brings character.

I found this watch for sale on an auction site local to me in Poland. The seller is stating it's all original and that it probably needs a service as it's become a little noisy. It's a bit battered but it looks like a new crystal and possibly a light buffing could completely transform it. It even has an omega buckle on the strap which I haven't seen many of on ebay.

He wants 900 polish zloty (300 USD) and I guess might take an offer.

Lastly, thanks for all the fascinating posts written by you guys. They've been so helpful and inspired me to keep hunting and not take the plunge until iv'e found something (almost) perfect!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mothra Jun 26, 2013

Not a seamaster guy, but I'm pretty sure that dial is wrong - omega symbol looks wonky, automatic text looks uneven, and the Swiss made is even worse. Also, quite a lot of the rotor has been scraping the case back. Id keep looking.

oops. Now seen other thread. Was wondering how OP had nine posts.

3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 26, 2013

Definite redial. The dial probably was never original to the watch anyway. The cal 562 is a date movement - this is not currently a date watch. Walk away :thumbsdown:

4. marsy101 Jun 26, 2013

yeah, after a little more research into the 562 i noticed the reference to it being a date movement and it obviously confused the hell out of me!

Thanks.

5. marsy101 Jun 26, 2013

You're right, the Swiss Made lettering is awful. And am I right thinking there should be a T either side?

6. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Jun 26, 2013

Franken me thinks. That serial is a bit late for the reference which changed to 6 digits in '63

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 27, 2013