Forums Latest Members

Is this Rolex bracelet genuine or fake?

1. iamvr Dec 1, 2021

146A0C7C-04FE-426A-9AA0-08CAF0ADD58F.jpeg

Hi Rolex experts

I’m in talks with a seller who’s offering an Omega Dynamic along with a second bracelet, which sports a Rolex logo.

Either the seller doesn’t know what he’s doing or the bracelet is just fake. As I don’t have any clue about Rolex myself I thought here’s the best place to ask. Thanks.

2. wsfarrell Dec 1, 2021

We'd need to see more pictures to answer your question. If you can't get pics, and the "Rolex" is free or really cheap (< $50), just buy them.

3. ATWG Dec 1, 2021

Need to see pics of the clasp with the Rolex insignia and date code, the code on the end links, and side view of the bracelet links to show if they're hollow.

Larry S and Dan S like this.
  4. iamvr Dec 1, 2021

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I was afraid that one picture would not suffice. I've asked for more.

I see your point, but the thing is, the watch is a tad overpriced. A real Rolex bracelet would however sweeten the deal.

5. JwRosenthal Dec 1, 2021

Well, I’m not sure what these are, but they don’t go to that bracelet.

B756B876-0357-4F44-98B3-48A800335D56.jpeg

I’m leery of the finish on the bracelet and clasp- a bit too course for factory. Could have been rebrushed. I would want to see pics of the underside of the clasp, the last links before the endlinks, and the underside of the endlinks themselves. These all have specific numbers under them. A fake bracelet would call into question the authenticity of the watch entire. If he claims it’s an aftermarket bracelet, then that’s fine- full disclosure and it adds nothing to the value. But if he says it’s original and it’s not- walk away.

TheGreekPhysique and iamvr like this.
  6. King.of.Kings Dec 1, 2021

Likely an aftermarket:

1. I have never seen such recession on an original Rolex clasp.

2. The proportion of the crown seems off. A little too broad.

upload_2021-12-2_8-55-20.jpeg

7. iamvr Dec 2, 2021

Thanks for the additional color @JwRosenthal and @King.of.Kings. My interest has certainly waned. The seller tries selling the whole package to somebody else first, before sending more pictures. If the bracelet is aftermarket and doesn't add any value the whole package is not attractive, as the watch (my primary interest), an Omega Dynamic III, is priced to highly IMO (CHF 1500 in case you're interested).

Many thanks for sharing your view and opinion.

8. JwRosenthal Dec 2, 2021

I overlooked that the Rolex bracelet isn’t for the watch you were looking at (Omega Dynamic).
    The extra non-Rolex links in the pic above must be for the Dynamic (assuming it’s on a bracelet), which explains that. The seller may not have any clue if the Rolex bracelet is original or not if he isn’t a Rolex collector and just got the bracelet in a lot- not throwing shade at him as that’s a possibility.
    Let’s take the Faulex bracelet out of the mix, show us pics of the Dynamic and let’s see what that looks like for the price.

iamvr likes this.
  9. iamvr Dec 2, 2021

Apologies, I should have been clearer about the actual watch in question. Below are the pictures for the Omega Dynamic III for posterity. Prices of these guys have gone up as well, and checking the recent sold prices on eBay, CHF 1500 is not out of this world, but given what else you could buy instead with this money, I've decided to spend it elsewhere. Plus, the seller hasn't gotten back to me, which probably means he managed to sell it today.

6052685622.jpg 6080535407.jpg

Sorry for having wasted people's time with my question. At least I can claim I've posted an Omega in the Rolex section (it may be the first and last time :)).

JwRosenthal and Larry S like this.
  10. JwRosenthal Dec 2, 2021

Those are cool watches, and yes, values are climbing on those.

iamvr likes this.
  11. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Dec 2, 2021

A quick snap of mine this evening and guaranteed 100 percent :thumbsup:

IMG_6022.jpeg

12. iamvr Dec 2, 2021

Interesting. Same style, but yours looks way crisper. Thanks for sharing.

13. Donn Chambers Dec 2, 2021

I would suspect the “Rolex” bracelet is fake only because if it was real, the seller could get good money for it alone. Why bundle it with another watch. I bet he bought the fake to wear the Dynamic on instead of the stock bracelet and that’s why he’s including it.

connieseamaster likes this.
  14. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 2, 2021

As already stated the Rolex crown looks way out of spec. Not sayin it could not be really bad photography, but I wouldn’t buy it.

The problem with buying cheap junk is you eventually end up with a big pile cheap junk.

Davidt, TwinPeaks, nicks and 4 others like this.
  15. JwRosenthal Dec 2, 2021

Can we put that as a flashing header for all new members?

watch3s, ahartfie and connieseamaster like this.
  16. iamvr Dec 3, 2021

Yeah, I know that's the most straight forward explanation. I could have asked the seller straight out. But it happens sometimes that the seller is not aware what he's selling and I was naively hoping there was some hidden value that could lower the net cost of the Omega Dynamic. I was never interested in the bracelet per se.

I apologize again for not being clear about my motivation. I was after the Omega Dynamic and was hoping that the bracelet could lower the purchasing cost on a net basis.

Agreed, and I was hoping I was passed that point. I once bought a box of 200+ straps and bracelets hoping there was something useful in there. There was none and I had to sell on the box of garbage for a loss.

17. offrdmania Dec 3, 2021

The Rolex bracelet is 100% fake. No need for additional pics. That single pic is enough. Its a really bad fake actually.

cicindela and iamvr like this.
  18. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 3, 2021

Never seen one of these before but they appeal on many levels.

iamvr and JwRosenthal like this.
  19. JwRosenthal Dec 3, 2021

They did a time only version as well that’s as equally cool.

iamvr likes this.
  20. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 3, 2021

Yep! C24 has a few. Very cool.