Forums Latest Members

Is This Forum One Of The Best Around?

1. seamonster Respectable Member Oct 22, 2012

Respectable Members

In my personal opinion 'omegaforums.net' is one of the best around, and most probably this forum is second to none.

In this forum, one can freely discuss the price of a watch, frankens and fakes, link to auction and sales sites and also, discuss anything under the sun, without the restrictions others may impose.

Questions asked are answered promptly and honestly, by enthusiasts and experts.

What do other fellow-members think about the positive and negative aspects of 'omegaforums.net'?

Thank-you.

2. ulackfocus Oct 22, 2012

For a brand-specific forum it's probably the best, and certainly one of the best forums regardless of subject matter. As long as the membership stays grounded and we don't get over-run by fanboys it will always be fun and informative.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 22, 2012

We're pretty happy with it so far :)

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Oct 22, 2012

Still feeling my way around, but the vibe is excellent - candor, enthusiasm mixed with real connoisseurship. Learning tons every day.

5. ulackfocus Oct 22, 2012

Maybe we'll start a Zenith and/or UG forum for you to moderate. :p

6. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Oct 22, 2012

You just wait till I get the Lemania-engined chronographs figured out...plenty of material there

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Oct 22, 2012

I agree, really happy here. I started at Watchuseek, but, um, yeah, well, I am here now :)

8. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Oct 22, 2012

I googled "omega forums" and guess where I landed. Love it here for the enthusiasm and the guys who are always there to share their knowledge. Spend most of my time here than other forums now.

+1 for a Zenith forum::love::

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 22, 2012

Create a thread in the open forum and get 10 more people to agree with you in creating a Zenith forum AND get those 10 to post at least one Zenith watch each, and it shall be done ;)

10. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Oct 22, 2012

Consider that done once I get back to my pc.

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 22, 2012

If you can get 25, we'll even get Trevor to do a cool forum logo for it

Trev likes this.
  12. pascs Oct 23, 2012

I think its a great site too and which probably benefits from its relatively small number of members. There are some very knowledgeable people here who are very willing to give their honest opinions without you feeling they have something to prove, I dont get that same feeling from some other sites :thumbsup:

13. Steve Oct 23, 2012

I agree, you can talk about 'almost' anything. I've been a member here for over a year now and although some of the vintage posts are a little advanced for my limited watch knowledge, I still find them interesting and entertaining.

Keep up the good work !. :thumbsup:

14. L*A*L*L Oct 23, 2012

I agree too, Very knowledgable and expert staff. Always willing to help and advise.

15. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 23, 2012

Agree. This is THE best watch forum around........:thumbsup:

16. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 23, 2012

Well i've only been around here for ten days and find myself spending less time elsewhere, a good feel about the place.
    If it can stay this way without the occasional bitching and sniping that occurs elsewhere - perfect

17. pknopp Oct 24, 2012

I appreciated the help and advice I got here while looking for my first Omega. I suppose I should single out ulackfocus for all of his help.

I ended up buying one off MSNWatch because I had more faith in getting one that was right for my first one than off eBay. While I am sure there will be no problems
    I knew by the quick responses here that if there was, it would get addressed quickly.

He sent it out within hours of getting paid and it's due for delivery today. My birthday. :D

rbird7282 and dsio like this.
  18. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 24, 2012

Oh cool, what model is it? And don't forget to take pics and make a new thread when it arrives!

19. ulackfocus Oct 24, 2012

Happy birthday!

pknopp likes this.
  20. pknopp Oct 24, 2012

It's the 751 Chronometer in the for sale section. I really liked and still do the pie pans and I hope to still get one but it was ulackfocus that suggested I look at the 751 "sparkle" watches. In the end I really do like them. Someone offered me another which I also really like and after getting pics and having ulackfocus check them out (LOL) I may purchase it also.