Forums Latest Members
  1. Watchguy11 Jan 29, 2017

Hi everyone,

New to the forums, with that being said i wasn't sure where to post this. I recently bought a vintage omega from eBay at a very low price at auction which was being sold for parts. I was just wondering if anyone could verify its authenticity and if it is real where i could go to get such a nice watch repaired.

Thank you!

- Watchguy11

omega1.jpg omega2.jpg omega3.jpg omega4.jpg
  2. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Jan 29, 2017

It's real, although not of great value.

Try searching for quartz watch repairs and see what you come up with. You dont want to spend too much money, and the fact it was sold as a parts watch indicates that the whole movement would probably need to be replaced.

3. Canuck Jan 30, 2017

Obsolete! Only hope might be for it to be sent to Omega in Switzerland if it needs parts. This watch is not worth going to that much trouble or expense. And the seller has already found that out, and chose sell it rather than repair it! Perhaps now you know why you bought it cheap!

4. Watchguy11 Jan 30, 2017

Oh alright, thanks everyone for the info. Only bought it for 15 dollars so not too much of a loss. Ill take it to a quartz watch repair and see if i can get it fixed for a reasonable price!

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 30, 2017

The movement is discontinued, but the Cal. 1330 has most parts still available for it - they even have recycled motors and circuits. There's no need to send it to Switzerland, so if you have a local watchmaker with an Omega parts account, they should be able to get it working again.

The "reasonable price" requirement may be difficult, but it depends on what you consider reasonable. In my experience, most looking for a reasonable price are not all that reasonable really. :)

Anyway, good luck with the repair.

Cheers, Al