Forums Latest Members
  1. Foggra Oct 8, 2016

2. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Oct 8, 2016

How important is originality to you? I think it is real but has been redialled, meaning the dial has been repainted at some point. That's big money for a redialled watch

3. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Oct 8, 2016

Hello and the warmest of welcomes here on the forum ... we are always delighted to receive well educated and very generous persons who go to quite some lengths letting others participate on their knowledge.

you know we sometimes get those "single digit hit and runners" that are full of entitlement - because lets face it - they are important ...

4. mozartman ♫♭♬ ♪ Oct 8, 2016

This is apparently is a seller, of which there are a few on ebay, who sells vintage watches that are claimed to be fully serviced and come with a one-year warranty. Most of the watches appear to have repainted dials (I'm not an expert but have seen enough of them at this point) that look nice enough but may not be fully authentic in color or design. A few of them appear to have original dials.
    Sellers like this typically charge a premium compared to sellers who offer non-serviced, non-restored, non-warranty vintage watches. Many collectors here are not enthusiastic about sellers like this. They like to buy fully authentic watches in original, unrestored condition, even if there are major cosmetic blemishes, and take them to their own watchmakers, often asking them to do little or no cosmetic restoration. The total price of this approach may be just as much or more, but the result may be more authentic looking. You'll have to spend some time on this site and do some research to figure out what works best for you.

WatchmakerTheory likes this.
  5. WatchmakerTheory Oct 8, 2016

My opinion is that the watch dial has been repainted, but I can't say with certainty. That being said, the watch is "authentic" and all of the parts are correct. Movement looks nice enough.

The price, however, is quite high for this watch, even considering the recent service and warranty. I'd probably pass on this one.

6. novina Oct 8, 2016

Very high price. I own a similar cased watch. The lugs on this have lost some of their edges. The cross hairs don't sit well with me either. Almost perfect but not quite that perfect. "AUTOMATIC" seems too thick. Salmon colored dials have been know, just not sure if this is one of them. Looks nice but, the crosshair may have been added to raise the price of the watch. Also the polishing is a bit heavy handed. And lastly, the text, not sure if it wasn't touched up. you could definitely do better for that price. Check out the Private sales section here. Much safer then Ebay thats for sure. Good hunting.