Forums Latest Members
  1. dwndler Mar 25, 2016

Hi all

I bought this one on the flea market today. As I know your member "TDN" and showed it to him his first words were: "redone dial".
    I have some experience in vintage Omega myself and have seen some redone dials but nothing screams "redone" on this one to me.
    He pointed to the "Omega" sign being flat and not having a "hook" on each side of the sign as should be correct for the period.
    As I do not know much about cal. R17.8 and this model you are also welcome to share your wisdom regarding the model or the type. As you can see from the pictures there is no typical ref. number but rather case number 10.230.504 indicating it to 1943 (according to Omega list) and movement number 9.791.594 pointing to 1942/43 (thatwatchguy's list) as production year. Case is cca. 30mm without crown and is some kind of "monobloc" case as movement is taken out when crystal is being lifted. So it is neither screw or snap back case.

1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 8a.jpg 9.jpg

2. dx009 Mar 25, 2016

The only dodgy thing about it is the actual writing of the word omega. It looks wrong and it's also not straight. Also, no swiss made bellow 6 o'clock ?

blubarb likes this.
  3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 25, 2016

Refinished for sure.

Look at the sub dial, the bottom edge is soft and the concentric circular pattern just barely visible on the top edge has been obliterated by polishing.

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 25, 2016

Would not expect a Swiss or Swiss made on a watch like this.

dwndler likes this.
  5. dwndler Mar 25, 2016

When looking with a loupe the circular pattern is more sharp but I would admit it is not evan. What about patina and scratches on the edge of the dial?
    And any info about the model?