Is this an authentic Omega movement ?

Hi There,

I just took delivery of this Seamaster at work today but once removing the case back I noticed the movement has no inscriptions for jewels / calibre. I think it may well be an imitation Omega movement , what do you think ?

Yes it’s a calibre 101x or calibre 102x Omega movement from the 1970s

Aw superb thank you ! I seen other watches with like 17 jewels engraved on the movement so just took this to be an imitation.

See that gold round badge that's sitting in the bottom right quarter with "Omega" on it? Take a loupe and have a closer look. It'll give you not only the caliber, but also the serial number.

See that gold round badge that's sitting in the bottom right quarter with "Omega" on it? Take a loupe and have a closer look. It'll give you not only the caliber, but also the serial number.
And from the serial number, you can date the watch ….

Also, the 6/7 digit number on the inside of the caseback will confirm the model

And from the serial number, you can date the watch ….

Also, the 6/7 digit number on the inside of the caseback will confirm the model
Hi There,
Reference is 166.0209 but doesn't show the dial I have here.

Hi There,
Reference is 166.0209 but doesn't show the dial I have here.

There are a multitude of dials for most of the references. Nothing to worry about so far - but you can, of course, post a picture of your dial here and might get a reply regarding legitimacy.

There are a multitude of dials for most of the references. Nothing to worry about so far - but you can, of course, post a picture of your dial here and might get a reply regarding legitimacy.

Now that you posted the pictures, I remembered your other thread in which you were already told it's a redial. So what's the value of the info that you can't find another dial like yours? I don't quite understand where you're headed with this.

Now that you posted the pictures, I remembered your other thread in which you were already told it's a redial. So what's the value of the info that you can't find another dial like yours? I don't quite understand where you're headed with this.
Apologies I thought Redial was just a repainted or refurbished I never realised it could be completely different.

It can be completely different in style. However, if you google "Omega 166.0209", you'll see many examples that are similar to yours in terms of dial layout/design but they all have a day and a date complication. Which means, as you've found out, your case back doesnt match the watch. It should be of a reference that only has a date. Off the top of my head, I don't know which one that is though.