Forums Latest Members
  1. JamesHRucker Feb 16, 2014

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-men...096011615?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item461ab8875fPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Looking for some advice on this watch. I noticed that most of the seamasters with the second hand dial (would love to know the correct terminology for this) are Seamaster 30s. Is this one, or is it a redial? If not what time year is this?

Also, if this is authentic, what would be a good price? Thanks for your help!

2. fjf Feb 16, 2014

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 16, 2014

For all intents and purposes, yes, it is a Seamaster 30, just doesn't say 30 on the dial. The 30 designation is for the 30mm movement used in these watches, in this case the caliber 268, a descendant of the 30 T1/T2.

The caliber 268 is a "sub-seconds" movement and the serial number on this one dates to ca 1960.

The dial appears to be original and the watch in generally nice shape with a bit of age to the movement.

I'd like it better closer to $475-$500.

4. JamesHRucker Feb 16, 2014

5. Hijak Feb 16, 2014

This 600 is not in great shape...its over polished, the case is beat up a bit and I believe it has a replacement crown but the dial is ok and the movement looks pretty good. If you could get it for $400 to $500 you would be alright but these come along in much better shape for not too much more, IMHO I'd wait for a better one. Here's an example of one in better shape...

Seamaster 600, 1.JPG
    Seamaster 600, 4.JPG

6. JamesHRucker Feb 16, 2014

Yes, I see that now, especially the back, it looks sort of lumpy... Where someone tried to buff out some scratched probably?

I don't mind the knicks and scratches at this point in my watch collecting life. As long as the crystal is clean and the dial isn't too rough, it looks a bit dirty around the center. I guess it probably can't be cleaned, or they would have done it.

What would be a fair price on a seamaster in the condition of the picture you posted above?

Also, I haven't seen the lume markers before, was that a common feature on these?