Is this a real or fake Omega Vintage watch?

Hi, i got this from my father who bought it many years ago, i was wondering if you guys could tell if its fake or real just by these pictures? I havent open the back because im not really a watch person.

thumbnail_image0.jpg thumbnail_image4.jpg thumbnail_image3.jpg thumbnail_image2.jpg

It is a watch.

Without seeing inside the case it is hard to tell the condition.

Does look like a nice but blurry dial.

Looks like a legit 2848
Thank you for replying, do you know which exact model? because i really cant find this one anywhere

It is a watch.

Without seeing inside the case it is hard to tell the condition.

Does look like a nice but blurry dial.

It is in bad condition, the crown is missing a part so i cant really change the time. I may repair it but i just want to know its a real one before i make that decision.

I’m not sure what your issue is. There are 3 metal choices, steel, solid gold, gold cap (yours) and many dial variants but that model is known as a 2848. It may have an iteration number after that in the caseback but the dials vary and don’t correspond to a given iteration.

Like 2
It is in bad condition, the crown is missing a part so i cant really change the time. I may repair it but i just want to know its a real one before i make that decision.

If you think this is bad condition, you should probably just buy a new watch.

Like 1

If you think this is bad condition, you should probably just buy a new watch.

oh yeah really bad condition :unsure: I am happy to recycle it for you;)

It’s real and worth a service IMO. Find independent watchmaker with Omega parts account. Don’t polish it. With new crystal should clean up nicely.

Like 1
Very nice watch that needs a service and the crystal polished or replaced. Get that done and you’ll own a beauty. Ditto on an independent watchmaker, not Omega. If you say where you are, folks here will suggest where to get the work done.

Thanks for answers everyone, you just made me very happy to own this and i will for sure fix it. What i meant with bad condition is the crown lacks the part to change time and falls off very easy. Otherwise its in good condition. Im in sweden (stockholm) if you could recommend where i can repair it
Edited:

Thanks for answers everyone, you just made me very happy to own this and i will for sure fix it. What i meant with bad condition is the crown lacks the part to change time and falls off very easy. Otherwise its in good condition. Im in sweden (stockholm) if you could recommend where i can repair it
Axel at Farfars Klocka will do a good job for you. Nice piece.

Like 2