Is this a good buy? Omega seamaster 30

Hello all apologies if this has been covered before I’m looking to purchase my first vintage and first omega, this is on eBay and I keep finding mixed opinions on buying from eBay especially for the first time so I’m a bit hesitant. Does it seem genuine and responsibly priced? I’m expecting it needs a service any idea how much it would cost?
Thanks In advance https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Se...310461?hash=item2f46dc5fbd:g:9vIAAOSwu1Je~LPq

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
She does look like a real clean example and unmolested. Hard to say price-wise as everything seems to be on the rise these days.

I don't know much about much

But one thing I know, whenever I like something on eBay, and it's remotely buyable price-wise, it at least ends up being a re-dial

If you look closely, the crown is messed up

I bought a Seamaster 30 recently for close to $400 ($350 but all in all, exceeds $400 etc.) - then sold it locally for probably less than $300

I liked the watch, was going to live with the re-dial (shocked me, but still), it looked great, but it didn't keep time, maybe it got hard magnetized during transport, I don't have a good tool to untangle internal magnetisation

Anyway, the guy I sold it to never complains, so I assume it was easily fixable

Looking at your watch again, it's obviously too clean, if you are going to buy a re-dial, approach the watch like a "New / Unused" watch that is not Omega branded, for example I have a Grey Sunburst re-dialed Constellation that I adore - I bought it knowingly, for me, the restoration was well done

Dial is refinished and I suspect the case has been re-plated.

Note how soft the edges on the figures are, they have lost their crispness and definition. On this type of dial the figures are integral to the dial, not applied so during refinishing they get polished.

I am not anywhere near as knowledgeable as @X350 XJR but I noticed that there were no straight on photos of the dial which makes one quite suspicious. @X350 XJR confirms it.

Unfortunately this is a redial. The Seamster font is not correct (compare the coathanger S and the r to pic out of google and you will notice tue difference)

I don't know much about much

But one thing I know, whenever I like something on eBay, and it's remotely buyable price-wise, it at least ends up being a re-dial

Looking at your watch again, it's obviously too clean, if you are going to buy a re-dial, approach the watch like a "New / Unused" watch that is not Omega branded, for example I have a Grey Sunburst re-dialed Constellation that I adore - I bought it knowingly, for me, the restoration was well done

I have to say that I strongly disagree with this. I have bought plenty of great looking original Omegas with stunning original dials from eBay and other online sites - and at good prices too. IMO it is a matter of being patient and then having the knowledge and guts to be able to quickly assess and strike when the right watch comes along at the right price.