Forums Latest Members

Is this a genuine black dial omega piepan

1. chiefbrody Apr 9, 2015

This is my first post and only my second Omega Constellation purchase. I bought it on eBay because I was convinced it was genuine but I'm no expert and I'm still learning. I'd like some reassurance. It's a 551 caliber its worn and a full service with parts is £300 but the caliber and serial numbers check out and the case has quite crisp lines. I know the crown is not correct and crystal is generic. What do you think? What is this watch really worth as the money is ticking up. It's a 14900 case and serial number 202***

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. ulackfocus Apr 9, 2015

From what I can see it looks okay but we need better pictures because that's the reference that is frequently faked.

3. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Apr 9, 2015

Agree. Looks OK but better pictures needed to be sure.

4. ulackfocus Apr 9, 2015

By the way, with a screen name like that you're gonna need a bigger avatar. :p

5. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Apr 9, 2015

Looks like an honest watch...

6. Martinibianco Apr 11, 2015

The dial looks original to me. The script should be in silver (not white) to match the markers and hands. The case seems unpolished and in a reasonable condition. Overall I think it's a good find, though I'll defer to the experts in this forum.

I just purchased a black-dial 14393 Constellation myself, also with rhodium markers and silver script, and I am waiting with bated breath for it... Hope it turns out well :unsure:

7. chiefbrody Apr 11, 2015

Yes, the script is silver, it looks white now, but close up you can see the silver there. Hope yours turns out ok. There's nothing like opening up the packaging and seeing you've found the real deal for a good price. Thanks.

8. Martinibianco Apr 11, 2015

Thanks chiefbrody, I can't wait to receive my black Connie and then get it cleaned up and off for a service!

Congrats on finding a rare one, and on eBay! Hope you paid a good price for it. Don't forget To post photos after you get it serviced :)