Forums Latest Members
  1. sleszyk Sep 13, 2018

Hi,
    I am close to making an offer on my first Speedmaster, it's a 3592.50 from 1993 (pics below). I like how the dial looks, with patina colour on the hands matching that of the markers and no dark stains on the hands. However, I'm completely clueless when it comes evaluating the overall condition of the watch, especially the case. I'm not looking for a watch that looks like new but at the same time I'm not sure what 'flaws' are normal wear & tear vs a more serious damage detrimental to the watch value...

I've been wondering about:
    - the little black dot on the case in pics 1 and 3 (near the 450km/h marker)
    - the scratch on the hesalite at 2pm (pic 3)
    - the apparent dent under the bezel in pic 4 (near the bottom chrono marker)
    - black dots (dirt? stains?) under the bezel (last pic)
    - apparent damage from the tool used to open the case from the back
    - does the case look like it's been overpolished?

Are any of these serious flaws or am I paranoid? Does the watch look like it's in a good overall condition?

Any help/opinions will be much appreciated!

Omega1.jpg Omega2.jpg Omega3.jpg Omega4.jpg Omega5.jpg Omega6.jpg

Edited Sep 14, 2018
    Etp095 likes this.
  2. sleszyk Sep 14, 2018

anyone...?

3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 14, 2018

If a small scratch in hesalite bothers you, I highly recommend you do not buy a watch that has a hesalite crystal :D

This isn't a 'collectors' grade' sample, but it is in decent shape with few battle scars considering it is 25 years old. I wish the depth of field in some of the case photos was a little deeper, as it is hard to tell (for me) how polished it may be.

sleszyk likes this.
  4. sleszyk Sep 14, 2018

Thank you! No, I don't think small scratches would necessarily bother me... and the sapphire glass Moonwatch just does not look right to me

5. WatchVaultNYC Sep 14, 2018

This one is still in pretty good shape.

sleszyk likes this.