Forums Latest Members

Is there anything you DON'T like about an omega you own?

1. IanES Oct 2, 2019

We can assume you 'like' your omega(s) but is there anything you do NOT like?

For me it's the engraving on the back of my Moonphase Speedmaster. Here's the front of the watch.

moonphase1024x768.jpg

My old eyes aren't what they used to be so nowadays I find the sharp contrast between the dial and pointers allows me to see the time without reaching for my readers. Apart from that though I thing this is an absolutely gorgeous watch to look at.

But the back! It has the "First watch on the Moon" engraving. I mean, come on, whenever did a MoonPhase watch ever go near the moon. Probably never even went anywhere near space. I mean, what use would a moonphase be on the moon. A bit like a chocolate teapot - or what do you guys think.

Anyway. that's my personal opinion. Your opinion may differ of course - but what's your gripe about anything you own?

marco likes this.
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 2, 2019

I have several Omega watches, and what I don't like is they're not as good as Rolex. ::stirthepot::

Mad Dog, Tet, Slowpoker and 4 others like this.
  3. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Oct 2, 2019

My dick is prettier than yours.

ron n and Mad Dog like this.
  4. alecuncu Oct 2, 2019

::popcorn::

Benbradstock likes this.
  5. machamp6650 Oct 2, 2019

Only thing I could say is the diver's clasp extension on the Planet Ocean. Mine got loose over time, so every time I put it on it was like dealing with two clasps at once. I ended up dropping it while putting it on (a couple of drinks might also have been involved), resulting in disengagement of the hands and a full service. At least I got the clasp extension tightened back up during the service... :thumbsup:

hanky6 likes this.
  6. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Oct 2, 2019

Oh snap!

7. kov Trüffelschwein. Oct 2, 2019

My question is rather why do you keep a watch if there's something you don't like about it? ::stirthepot::

8. Saturn V Oct 2, 2019

Hi! Nice question... About my Apollo-Soyuz 35th (same in every other case), I really dislike the rhodium plated hands (or white gold, dosn't matter): in the daylight the reading experience is quite sad!
    In another Speedy I have, the 60th anniversary, the situation is better due to the larger hands.
    (Guys, how happy I will be with a sapphire glass with the same geometry of the hesalite...)

9. JwRosenthal Oct 2, 2019

I think my Speedmaster Pro dial is busy and difficult to read. The strait indices, stick hands and sub dials all create a visual noise that's not easy to differentiate at a glance for my aging eyes (my Sinn 103 on the other hand is equally busy but can be read at arms length at a glance). I keep it though because its a friggin' Speedmaster!::psy::

Edited Oct 2, 2019
  10. Sidnos Oct 2, 2019

Fois almost impossible to read in poor light... still love it

JwRosenthal likes this.
  11. IanES Oct 2, 2019

Well. I suppose, in my head I have a list with 'Pros' down one side and 'Cons' down the other. In this case the Pros outweigh the Cons.

Also because I think it's one of the best looking watches ever (Of course that's just a personal opinion) and when it's on my wrist I can't see the back anyway.

12. JohnnyRocket Oct 2, 2019

I find moreover, that the quality of the Omega’s I own is very good. The watch movements and cases are well designed,and versatile. They hold up well under most conditions of use, and always look good. Sometimes though, I do wish that the clasp- Strap combinations were maybe a bit more robust.
    The Z 33 clasp I wish had a 2x pin or post system that would secure to 2 holes in the strap for added security. Especially if you have larger wrists and live near the edge like I do. The brown leather strap that is designed for the case would not
    Accommodate the dual pin /Titanium fold over clasp that I so desired. I was hoping to match that will a black gator strap to replace the brown leather.
    Dang that would have been smokin’ hot! Hence had to buy a longer brown strap
    To give a little more wrap around length on the inside of the band.

13. BradleyJ. Oct 2, 2019

Short answer.... no, but there is a lot wrong with a lot of other watches and I didnt purchase them.

14. FreelanceWriter Oct 2, 2019

The bezel on the Flightmaster (I know it's not capitalized) is very awkward to use because of the position of the crown.
    The tachymeters on the Speedmaster (and the Grail) are useless. I wish they had diver-style rotating bezels or even fixed decimeter bezels.

15. lillatroll Oct 2, 2019

There are some things on certain models that I don't find aesthetically pleasing which is why I never purchased them, that said, until you have it on the wrist it is hard to know if you will really like it. There are one or two watches in my collection that I like more than I thought I would after receiving them; my pre-Bond Seamaster and a three hander rolex which get quite a lot of wrist time compared to what I thought they would.

JwRosenthal likes this.
  16. JwRosenthal Oct 2, 2019

This is so true- you can do all the research in the world, approach a watch purchase from the most pragmatic of angles- but in the end it’s a totally subjective emotional response- you either love it or not. So many times I have obsessed about a watch only to track one down in the flesh and try it on and felt ho-hum about it.

17. M'Bob Oct 2, 2019

Why are you looking?

Mad Dog, kov, marco and 4 others like this.
  18. bimmernerd Oct 2, 2019

Nope

BradleyJ. likes this.
  19. saulgoodman Oct 2, 2019

Nice try.

madjestikmoose likes this.
  20. gbesq Oct 2, 2019

Couldn’t agree more. I’d much rather get on a waiting list and overpay for antiquated Rolex technology than be stuck with one of those pesky hyperaccurate,15,000 gauss magnetic resistant, METAS certified Omega co-axial movements. At half the price. ::rimshot::

Edited Oct 30, 2019
    YY77, lindo, PhilF and 5 others like this.