Is There Any Dial Color Variation For " From Moon To Mars Speedy " ?

Thanks for the comment. My watchmaker just had a very close look and he thinks that there might have been a few QC officers under the influence! He says the colors are way too crisp viewed under a loupe to be the result of sun exposure. Since this watch spent most of it's time in Yorkshire UK, I doubt the sun is the culprit!

Thanks!

You will get exposure to UV even on cloudy days. I'm with Kringkily on this one, it's fading or degradation of the paint, and not some QC error-ed dial as you suggest.

My info is that it will fade out with a UV-Light going on heavily ...

For another colour variation - this one is mine:

(The colour is catched very much like in reality in this pic)

DSC_1290.jpg

Best regards,
Hans

Geez...I didn't think I was going to get hate mail as a result of this?! I was just asking for an obejctive and INTELLIGENT comment. This model isn't my cup of tee either but my friend loves it and asked me to take care of it and inquire about it. I was most happy to oblige. I am quite surprised that out of 3 replies, 2 came from the Mensa group.
Just some explanation for you:

1- Those were not hate mails, but just notifications you received by email about responses to this thread. You can turn it off by unfollowing this thread.
2- Those comments were not directed at you. Privateday7's post got a big block of quote in it. If you had read more carefully, you'd have noticed the context to which he replied to, which was not your question. DLT222's was, as he's already explained, meant towards the watch model in general, not to yours specifically. Thread topic diversion is very much tolerated here on OF, so staying long enough you'll see more of it, just like you can rant in this thread without opening a new one.

About your friend's watch, it doesn't look fake or refinished so my opinion is the red/orange colour component has faded while the blue/green one has not. Different colour materials fade differently. Whether under UV exposure or not under exposure, things just fade naturally, to different degrees. It's happened not on just one watch, but at least two in this thread and quite a few others as found on google. There's a slight chance it was made like this from factory, intentionally or by low quality control, but I don't really think it was the case. You can try to contact Omega directly about this.

I hate this watch!
Jeez Darren, I go on vacation for ten days and look what you stir up. ::facepalm1::
Sure glad I checked in.

Jeez Darren, I go on vacation for ten days and look what you stir up. ::facepalm1::
Sure glad I checked in.

Sorry Tony... Sorry!! I really am!

About your friend's watch, it doesn't look fake or refinished so my opinion is the red/orange colour component has faded while the blue/green one has not. Different colour materials fade differently. Whether under UV exposure or not under exposure, things just fade naturally, to different degrees. It's happened not on just one watch, but at least two in this thread and quite a few others as found on google. There's a slight chance it was made like this from factory, intentionally or by low quality control, but I don't really think it was the case. You can try to contact Omega directly about this.[/QUOTE]

I say this with reservation. My watchmaker inspected the watch (being serviced as we speak). In his opinion, the dial came out of the factory like this. I reiterate, his opinion. As for the moisture theory. The seals, although in need of replacement, were not compromised. So it is what it is. A bizarre dial. Maybe it's one of the few (like I said, I have seen a few others in the exact same "predicament") that slipped by Omega QC or something like that.

I don't like this model....but I don't hate it....😎

😁

11013306_1723088577918094_5750740457966593672_n.jpg

I JUST received mine today from being serviced and stumbled across this thread. My Mars used to be very red 9yrs ago when I purchased it and I've JUST noticed how it has faded over the years. Thanks for the info guys.

I JUST received mine today from being serviced and stumbled across this thread. My Mars used to be very red 9yrs ago when I purchased it and I've JUST noticed how it has faded over the years. Thanks for the info guys.
😲 I need to check mine.........

Yes, you can find different variant for the subdials (mars going from a lighter to a heavier red, moon gray to blue-green).
It is probably because of different producers of dials.

Was just thinking the other day among the unloved Speedmasters, I haven’t seen one of these in forever, I’ve not seen one in person (they used to be everywhere gathering dust in ADs because nobody wanted them) I’ve not seen them on Instagram, on Speedy Tuesday posts, on Omegaforums WRUW threads or anywhere.

Has someone slurped all of these up and is sitting on them hoping they blow up like Gemini IV and Apollo 11 35th did or people just forget they owned them? It’s weird that this interesting though aesthetically challenged watch has almost been forgotten or something…

Your post made me dig through some rubbish photos I've got on my laptop of my Moon to Mars 2012 edition. Been happily sitting in cupboard awaiting Space X journey to Mars !!! ( Still has plastic film across face )

IMG_0348_4_2.jpg IMG_0351_4_2.jpg

Was just thinking the other day among the unloved Speedmasters, I haven’t seen one of these in forever, I’ve not seen one in person (they used to be everywhere gathering dust in ADs because nobody wanted them) I’ve not seen them on Instagram, on Speedy Tuesday posts, on Omegaforums WRUW threads or anywhere.

Has someone slurped all of these up and is sitting on them hoping they blow up like Gemini IV and Apollo 11 35th did or people just forget they owned them? It’s weird that this interesting though aesthetically challenged watch has almost been forgotten or something…
We are waiting for Elon Musk visit to Mars 😜