Forums Latest Members

Is There Any Dial Color Variation For " From Moon To Mars Speedy " ?

1. lwong Mar 16, 2015

You will get exposure to UV even on cloudy days. I'm with Kringkily on this one, it's fading or degradation of the paint, and not some QC error-ed dial as you suggest.

2. hansmaulwurf Senior Snoopy Owner Mar 16, 2015

My info is that it will fade out with a UV-Light going on heavily ...

For another colour variation - this one is mine:

(The colour is catched very much like in reality in this pic)

DSC_1290.jpg

Best regards,
    Hans

3. TNTwatch Mar 16, 2015

Just some explanation for you:

1- Those were not hate mails, but just notifications you received by email about responses to this thread. You can turn it off by unfollowing this thread.
    2- Those comments were not directed at you. Privateday7's post got a big block of quote in it. If you had read more carefully, you'd have noticed the context to which he replied to, which was not your question. DLT222's was, as he's already explained, meant towards the watch model in general, not to yours specifically. Thread topic diversion is very much tolerated here on OF, so staying long enough you'll see more of it, just like you can rant in this thread without opening a new one.

About your friend's watch, it doesn't look fake or refinished so my opinion is the red/orange colour component has faded while the blue/green one has not. Different colour materials fade differently. Whether under UV exposure or not under exposure, things just fade naturally, to different degrees. It's happened not on just one watch, but at least two in this thread and quite a few others as found on google. There's a slight chance it was made like this from factory, intentionally or by low quality control, but I don't really think it was the case. You can try to contact Omega directly about this.

4. Georgieboy58 Mar 16, 2015

I was aware of that but in this context it sounded like some sort of insult.

5. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Mar 16, 2015

Jeez Darren, I go on vacation for ten days and look what you stir up. ::facepalm1::
    Sure glad I checked in.

6. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 16, 2015

Sorry Tony... Sorry!! I really am!

7. Fazmaster Mar 16, 2015

About your friend's watch, it doesn't look fake or refinished so my opinion is the red/orange colour component has faded while the blue/green one has not. Different colour materials fade differently. Whether under UV exposure or not under exposure, things just fade naturally, to different degrees. It's happened not on just one watch, but at least two in this thread and quite a few others as found on google. There's a slight chance it was made like this from factory, intentionally or by low quality control, but I don't really think it was the case. You can try to contact Omega directly about this.[/QUOTE]

I say this with reservation. My watchmaker inspected the watch (being serviced as we speak). In his opinion, the dial came out of the factory like this. I reiterate, his opinion. As for the moisture theory. The seals, although in need of replacement, were not compromised. So it is what it is. A bizarre dial. Maybe it's one of the few (like I said, I have seen a few others in the exact same "predicament") that slipped by Omega QC or something like that.

I don't like this model....but I don't hate it....:cool:

8. The Master of Speed Apr 20, 2015

9. TLIGuy Apr 20, 2015

Was the one on the right a new 2015 Basel release? I heard there was talk of a Green Side of Mars watch.

Edited Apr 20, 2015
    The Master of Speed and oddboy like this.
  10. cOOLcALMcHUCK Jun 29, 2015

I JUST received mine today from being serviced and stumbled across this thread. My Mars used to be very red 9yrs ago when I purchased it and I've JUST noticed how it has faded over the years. Thanks for the info guys.

image.jpg
  11. The Master of Speed Jun 30, 2015

ehehhe nice! :p

12. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jul 4, 2015

:eek: I need to check mine.........

13. Moonalf Dec 30, 2018

My speedy to 2006 year.....

9B0B07A9-9525-43E5-B464-B200D9C611A1.jpeg
  14. VintageWatchIta Dec 30, 2018

Yes, you can find different variant for the subdials (mars going from a lighter to a heavier red, moon gray to blue-green).
    It is probably because of different producers of dials.

Moonalf likes this.
  15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 22, 2021

Was just thinking the other day among the unloved Speedmasters, I haven’t seen one of these in forever, I’ve not seen one in person (they used to be everywhere gathering dust in ADs because nobody wanted them) I’ve not seen them on Instagram, on Speedy Tuesday posts, on Omegaforums WRUW threads or anywhere.

Has someone slurped all of these up and is sitting on them hoping they blow up like Gemini IV and Apollo 11 35th did or people just forget they owned them? It’s weird that this interesting though aesthetically challenged watch has almost been forgotten or something…

16. prontoprint Jun 23, 2021

Your post made me dig through some rubbish photos I've got on my laptop of my Moon to Mars 2012 edition. Been happily sitting in cupboard awaiting Space X journey to Mars !!! ( Still has plastic film across face )

IMG_0348_4_2.jpg IMG_0351_4_2.jpg

Go Spurs Go and hansmaulwurf like this.
  17. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 26, 2021

We are waiting for Elon Musk visit to Mars :p