Is The Moonwatch Still A Good Buy After Its Recent Price Increase?

Omega-Speedmaster-Moonwatch-310.30.42.50.01.002.001.jpg
Last week, on September 1st, Omega raised its prices for many (or all) of its watches. On most models, we find an increase of 6%. This marks the second price increase from Omega this year. Since its introduction in early 2021, the retail price of the new Moonwatch Master Chronometer (reference 310.30.42.50.01.001) rose from €6,200 […]

Visit Is The Moonwatch Still A Good Buy After Its Recent Price Increase? to read the full article.

We can see your game.
We knew what the answer was yes before clicking.

There have been no price increases on Omegas in the US market for YEARS, the old 1861 Speedmaster had a modest $100 price increase in 2018 to $5,350 and it is still that on the Omega website even though it is no longer available, and there have been no increases in the new 3861 models since they were introduced last year. The CHF/US$ exchange has been reasonably steady in the 1.00 to 1.03 range for the last 5+ years. The increases in other markets are mostly due to local exchange rate adjustments to the Swiss Franc. So what's missing are real price adjustments due to inflation; labor, material, shipping, etc which Omega is now absorbing, but that can only go on for so long before prices are raised across the board. Back in the late 70s and early 80s prices would be adjusted two or three times a year due to inflation. If inflation continues expect increases in all markets, perhaps substantial increases.

But to answer the original question, yes, the new 3861 Speedmaster is still a good buy at the current prices.
Edited:

In the UK five years ago, the 1861 Hesalite Speedmaster was £3,420. By the time it was discontinued to make way for the 3861, it had increased to £4260.

By contrast, the 3861 Hesalite has now hit £6,000 (the sapphire version is £6,800).

Prices of just about everything are heading stratospheric in this country. I’m seriously lucky to have been gifted one of these watches five years ago, because there’s no way I could entertain the thought of the same thing happening today. I suspect I’m not the only one!

I am only thinking to global inflation because prices are up to all the products..not only for Omega watches. All the products have higher prices.

I’m not surprised that RJB felt compelled to ask the question. Where will it end? How long until a basic Speedmaster Pro hits £10k? And when (not if) it does, who will be able to buy it?

Buy 2. Hand. Due to the worldwide Uncertainties, prices are falling ...
The value of a Speedmaster is not falling as fast as the value of a dollar, pound or euro. Its a crazy world we are living in and we have not even entered the eye of the storm yet.