Forums Latest Members

Is Staib best alternative bracelet for Planet Ocean 45.5mm?

1. Awan Nov 27, 2022

I just got my hands on an old love....the orange Planet Ocean 45.5. It came with an orange alligator leather strap and now that the genuine bracelet is a costly affair I'm looking for alternatives priced below $/€ 200.

After a little research I ended up relatively convinced that I should go for Staib Germany which gives most buck for your money - high quality and finsh unlike the cheaper bracelets from China.

I looked at these 22mm bracelets from Staib: https://www.bracelets-for-watches.com/en/watch-straps/staib?facets=10
    This webshop is located in Germany and ships for under 10 € - even to US.
    For US located shops these look fine as well:
    1. https://www.watchstyle.com/metal/milanese-mesh.html?subcats=Y&features_hash=V6624
    2. https://holbensfinewatchbands.com/collections/22mm/brand_staib

So here is my questions:
    Anyone here with experience with these Staib products
    How do they look/work after years of usage?
    Brushed/matte metal would probably look better than the shiny/polished finish for a PO?

Right now I think I would go for one of these specific models:

1'st choice: https://www.watchstyle.com/metal/milanese-mesh/s-2792-db-steel.html
    [​IMG]

2'nd choice: https://www.watchstyle.com/metal/milanese-mesh/s-2792-pb-steel.html
    [​IMG]

Did I miss something here because there are much better alternative bracelets in the same price range?

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 27, 2022

The PO bracelet is one of the best bracelets out there.

I can’t imagine not wearing mine on it.

sah likes this.
  3. BarbVl Nov 27, 2022

But why don't you keep the orange leather band..i think i would prefer that to the orange PO..By the way this is my favourite PO watch.

Awan likes this.
  4. LC23 Nov 28, 2022

Staib supply the mesh bracelets for Omega. Including the NTTD. So you should be OK with the quality ;)

Awan likes this.
  5. Awan Nov 28, 2022

Agree, but for the moment the "gold" is too expensive for me. Could order a brand new bracelet for 800-900 euro...but would like to save instead, and wait for a 2'nd hand for around 350-450 euro.

6. Awan Nov 28, 2022

These dark days in Scandinavia daylight is only from 8-16. Orange strap would fit more during summer.

7. Awan Nov 28, 2022

Thanks....nice to read that, could'nt be better
    I will order a bracelet ASAP

Btw, what do you mean by NTTD? *edit* No Time to Die :D

Edited Nov 28, 2022
  8. josiahg52 Nov 28, 2022

Staib is definitely quality. I've worn a 22mm with safety clasp on a LLD and Scurfa Bell Diver 1 and worked well on both despite differences in their size and weight. Really would like a 20mm for my other watches.

9. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 28, 2022

I have that bracelet in 20mm with a push button clasp with diver extension ie the first of the 2 you show. I think mine is the matt brush finished version.

It is excellent quality. I prefer the fit and feel with it in fact to that on the NTTD. It doesn't taper and as a result feels quite chunky, I imagine this trait is even more magnified on the 22mm PO fitment so if you can live with a 22mm wide clasp, go for it.

IMG_1403.JPG IMG_1404.JPG IMG_2965.JPG

Jsandy1996 and Awan like this.
  10. Awan Nov 28, 2022

Waouw, that looks so good. You are right it would be felt a bit heavy because it has full width from end to end. On the other hand the original PO bracelet is not a lightweight either.

I communicated with the German webshop today and was told I had to be patient for a couple of weeks until they had the matt version back in stock.

Thanks again for your input and nice pics :thumbsup:

Edited Nov 28, 2022
    sah likes this.
  11. Jsandy1996 Dec 6, 2022

Hi there. I would be very interested in some pictures and your thoughts when you get the new strap. I have a 2500 XL coming with orange bezel and orange alligator strap. Looking at a bracelet option also and cannot decide between the standard bracelet or something more like this. Thanks and nice watch sir.

12. ThierryB Dec 6, 2022

upload_2022-12-7_16-34-38.png

You probably want to consider the original OEM mesh for the PO2500 XL which was coming with the ref: 2200.53.00.
    Probably pricey but should be very nice Omega bracelet.

13. Jsandy1996 Dec 7, 2022

Thanks for sharing. I am leaning towards the standard and original bracelet right now. Very expensive so I am keeping an eye out for a food used example. Cheers

14. Awan Dec 7, 2022

The German site bracelets-for-watches.com sent me an update on my order. They expected to ship it tomorrow and could be here next week on Monday or Tuesday.

The more I read about Staib bracelets the more I am convinced this is exactly what I am looking for and want to fit my PO XL. In my opinion the standard bracelet on the first generation PO's (Cal2500) was not the most comfortable to wear. The latest 43.5mm PO's are probably so well redesigned and modified and fit the wrist significantly better than ever. This was mostly because of changing the dimensions of the lugs and the width of the bracelet.

The good thing about the Staib bracelet is that it makes your XL PO around 20-30 grams lighter than fitted with the standard bracelet which is a bit too chunky. For me this means a lot and held together with the lower price and very high quality it is an absolutely winner.

I will post some pictures when it arrives and tell you if it lived up to my expectations.

Jsandy1996 likes this.
  15. Potrice Aug 5, 2023

Hey everyone,

New member here and sorry to resurrect this thread. I own a 1st gen PO 2500 (like the op, but with the orange bazel). I have the stock stainless steel bracelet that came with the watch that I like, but I'm curious about the mesh bracelet and I'd like to buy one.

Which size does the PO need? 20 or 22? My watch is the XL (45.5mm I believe). Also, is the matt brush better than the glossy finish? What about the length? My wrist is about 7".

OP, which one did you go with? Are you satisfied? I'm aiming for the Staib version.

16. jb.44 Aug 7, 2023

Staib mesh bracelets are the best aftermarket option in my opinion. I bought one for my omega seamaster 3 years ago and while it is showing normal wear and tear. It is well built and feels right on a luxury timepiece

Turpinr likes this.