Forums Latest Members

Steel Bracelet for Planet Ocean GMT Black & White

1. danicycle Mar 17, 2017

Hello!

I am looking for your help in finding what bracelet to look for online for my Planet Ocean GMT (Black & White) w/ Master Chronometer. The leather / rubber strap option is a bit loose or too tight so I'd like the steel for the micro adjustable clasp.

Any input appreciated. I've posted a picture of the watch I have.

Could I do a combo of buying the clasp and bracelet separately? Titanium would be ideal due to weight.

Regards

21533442201001.png
  2. w.finkenstaedt Mar 17, 2017

Titanium will not be a good option as the color is noticeably different from steel. Best bet for this bracelet is to buy from a boutique or AD. They run about $800, and you won't find them online for a while (because the watch was just released this past year).

Foo2rama and danicycle like this.
  3. cvera Mar 17, 2017

Not very relevant, but that watch looks like it can be the RAIDERS Signature watch with the white/silver/white color scheme.

Looks great regardless, good luck finding a strap.

4. Knezz Apr 4, 2017

Titanium is bit darker i assume. It will be discoloration with case

5. Meme-Dweller Apr 5, 2017

A cheaper option would be to buy the 21mm bracelets that came with the older Planet Ocean GMTs, but the clasps on those lack the adjustable extension. I've seen those mint on the secondary market for around $400. You could then add the new clasp down the line.

Cheapest way would be to wait as the 8900 PO bracelets become more available on the used market and then get one for cheap. For instant gratification, go to your local Boutique with a hand full of cash.

danicycle likes this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 5, 2017

End links are different on all 3 generations of PO.

7. w.finkenstaedt Apr 5, 2017

Second gen is a pretty close fit. The rubber straps work perfectly, I'd think the bracelets would be a pretty close fit.

Though the new bracelets are nicer (brushed sides, new clasp, better attachment to the lugs).

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 6, 2017

My understanding was no go on these. The height and length would look wrong on the bracelet.

9. Alex_TA Apr 6, 2017

Why haven't you bought the watch on the bracelet from the beginning?

10. mdgrwl Apr 6, 2017

This is why I always recommend to my clients to buy the steel bracelet watch first and then buy the strap and clasp later. It's much less expensive to do it this way vs. the other way around.

Longbow, Alex_TA and Foo2rama like this.
  11. Meme-Dweller Apr 6, 2017

Not always true, especially on the Planet Ocean line. Rubber + clasp is not that far apart from the steel bracelets in both the secondary market and new from manufacturer.

12. mdgrwl Apr 6, 2017

If comparing MSRP, sure... but the strap & clasp is still cheaper even comparing MSRP.

Whats more - its a lot easier to get a strap and clasp secondary market vs a bracelet where your options are very limited.

13. Meme-Dweller Apr 6, 2017

Strap new = over $400
    SS deploying = over $400
    Bracelet = over $800

Not that far apart for POs. Just get the bracelet though if you ever get a Zenith.

14. w.finkenstaedt Apr 6, 2017

SS deployant is $280, not over $400.

Rubber straps are also $280.

Foo2rama likes this.
  15. yinzerniner Apr 6, 2017

Deploy clasp prices vary location to location, but are usually in the $280-290 range at OB's, while AD's can charge either higher or lower.

Normal rubber straps are indeed around the same price as a clasp, but the strap that comes on the new PO GMT is an alligator and rubber strap that lists for well over $400.

That being said it's almost always the more prudent choice to purchase the bracelet option of a timepiece.

danicycle and Foo2rama like this.
  16. danicycle Apr 6, 2017

You mean why didn't I buy the watch on the bracelet? because I didn't originally want it on steel - simple as that. Sure it's cheaper to start with the bracelet first, but I wasn't looking to make a change when I purchased it nor did I want two strap options.

With the weight of the watch and the fact that the holes on the strap are either too tight or just slightly loose, it's not comfortable on my wrist for such a thick case.

It's also not realistic to test wear a watch in different conditions before buying.. I chose the leather / rubber strap to save on weight originally.

Looked up the strap new - it is MSRP $957... that said I am planning to simply sell the watch.

17. ras47 Apr 6, 2017

I got a rubber strap (with the visible stitching down each side) with the deployment clasp. Most comfortable setup I've ever had. It adjusts in ~7mm increments. A NATO strap would also be a good look, and maybe your least expensive option.